+ Reply to Thread

Default 70 Year Old Wants to Check Out with Hair

Check this out:

LONDON (AP) — Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has revealed that he feared the worst after being diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.

The 70-year-old guitarist says he thought it might be "time to say goodbye," after a doctor performing routine tests offered the news that he "had this supernova burning away on my left lung." The musician says he just told the doctor to get it out of him.

Wood told The Mail on Sunday that he had decided not to have chemotherapy if results turned out to be bad. He says he decided, "I wasn't going to lose my hair. This hair wasn't going anywhere."

Tht just sounds crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Check this out:

LONDON (AP) — Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has revealed that he feared the worst after being diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year.

The 70-year-old guitarist says he thought it might be "time to say goodbye," after a doctor performing routine tests offered the news that he "had this supernova burning away on my left lung." The musician says he just told the doctor to get it out of him.

Wood told The Mail on Sunday that he had decided not to have chemotherapy if results turned out to be bad. He says he decided, "I wasn't going to lose my hair. This hair wasn't going anywhere."

There are many people who are going to read that and won't for the life of them understand hair being that important. Hell, they're scared of side effects of fin!! But I do understand and deeply respect that decision. I started going bald at 16, and I died on the inside, and didn't exactly mind dying on the out. I'm on drugs that have kept most of my hair and I turned 20 last month, but dammit, I'm still fighting it and it has impacted me quite a bit emotionally these last few years. So I respect his decision.