+ Reply to Thread

Default bald and fearing the future

I've just joined this forum because I think it's probably time I got some support regarding this issue.

I started losing my hair as early as 26, however the hair loss was mainly on the crown and hardly visible at the front. For the next 8 years or so, it started falling out fast. Now at almost 34, I am bald.
    Clearly looking back I've had a severe case of male pattern baldness as my mothers' brothers are all bald. So I knew it wasn't going to work out well! Losing what's left of your hair is a difficult period as I'm sure it has been for most of you although I went through various phases of feeling very down about it to not feeling so bad. Now, I am totally bald and I still go through those same phases of feeling ok with it to spending the day wishing I could have hair.

Anyway, my main concern with all this is probably the most common for a single guy - how it impacts on dating and attracting women. I've had a fair few relationships in my life but still no luck in finding that one person. I think I used to be a great looking guy when I had hair and with my buzzcut 5 years ago. Now, as a totally bald guy, people still mention I'm a decent looking guy and some say I even look better without hair than with hair. What does help is that I'm 6"2, dark skinned (dark brown) and have the exact right head shape for the bald look. However I would give anything to have at least some hair again so that I could have my buzz cutagain.

As I'm still searching and looking for love, I'm getting the impression that baldness is an issue for women. I've heard the usual "it's confidence that they find attractive etc." "women are more interested in other qualities" This of course may well be true to varying degrees but what kind of women do you see the bald guys with? Whenever I see a couple where the guy is bald, his gf/wife is not exactly anything special physically speaking. How many bald guys do you honestly see with hot chicks? It's rare. On dating websites too, I don't have the same luck as I had before when I had that buzz cut and some hair. A good looking guy with hair more than likely will get more attention. And then there are some women who simply don't want a bald guy regardless. Women never say what they really mean, remember so they may say baldness is not an issue but then you have to look at the reality. Look at the men they end up dating and marrying.

I'm not the confident man I used to be and I believe the lack of hair/being single has played a significant part in this.

What age women are you after? The older they get, the more desperate and less picky they get . . . although in common parlance it's referred to as "less shallow." So if women past their prime are your thing, confidence is all you should need (except for the growing number of unrealistic old ladies who still think of themselves as hot because they have masters and/or law degrees and successful careers). Oh, and hit the gym, too. Not being fat but having some muscles and a V shape will improve your chances, but don't overdo it. Being overdeveloped may be almost as bad as underdeveloped. If you're too buff some of the more sophisticated women will suspect you work out because you lack confidence.

I agree baldness is an issue with women, they aren't particularly honest about it. True confidence stems from feeling you have something that others value. If you feel bad about your appearance than it is difficult to be confident. You are fortunate in that you are tall, being bald and tall likely better than under 5'7" with hair. So could be worse. You could investigate a transplant but if the shaved look suits you I'd go with that, don't chance the scarring.

I have to agree with Steve here, others will only find you attractive when you know your inherent value. For situations where you're having trouble finding a date, consider dating some hot single moms from https://www.meetmilfy.com/single-moms-dating.html, as they don't mind the appearance much, but how good your personality is. They've seen a lot in their lives, so your little problem won't stand in the way of starting a relationship, trust me.

Hi, friend. I understand you very much. This worries me too. Who can help us?

Hi all. Internet dating is very popular now. So you can safely communicate with beauties. Thus, people pay more attention to the external world of a person, rather than appearance. For example, I met my love here myspecialdates.com. I advise you to go and see what beauties are here, I'm sure you will like one of them. I hope this will be useful information for you. Good luck!

I met my girlfriend through meetmyage.com so I really can't complain. I did go through plenty of horrible dates and was about to give up and she showed up.