Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xerxes00
    • Aug 2017

Am I a good candidate for a HT

I was wondering if I could be a good candidate for a HT. I've heard mixed messages about diffuse thinners and the risk of shock loss. If I were a good candidate for a HT how many grafts do y'all think I'd need? I'm 30 and have been taking Finasteride for about 4 years.
    Attached Files
  • mrclean
    • Jan 2017

Has the Finesteride stabilized the hair loss?

Comment

• xerxes00
      • Aug 2017

Yes, definitely. I would say while the finasteride didn't result in any growth of hair, it stopped the hair loss. Basically my hair is the same as it was when I started treatment about 4 years ago. I wish I had started it earlier and didn't get caught up in all the hysteria about side effects etc. The side effects have been nil for me.

Comment

• mrclean
        • Jan 2017

I am not optimistic but can you wait a few years to see if replicel comes out? Are you using rogaine?

Comment

• JoeTillman
          • Jul 2014

Based on your pattern of loss, yes I believe you are a candidate but don't try to do it all at once. I'd break it down into two sections, front and back. Find a surgeon(s) you like and indicate your concern regarding shock and ask them why it will or will not be a concern if you have a procedure with them. The other considerations are you age and your donor supply and the method you choose (FUE or FUSS).
          Joe Tillman
          The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
          See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...