I'm getting a hair replacement system - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I'm getting a hair replacement system

Just sent off three templates to three different companies.

Let's see what they're like.

Question

Which sites did you order from and how much are you spending if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Which sites did you order from and how much are you spending if you don’t mind me asking?

Well, I'm getting one made to measure in China (under $150). One from Hair Direct (www.hairdirect.com) and one from a UK company called Online Hair Solutions (www.onlinehairsolutions.co.uk)

Each under $350. I know that sounds inexpensive but it's about four years since I had a hair system and I heard they've improved vastly, so I am gonna try them out.

Nothing wrong in trying.

Thumbs down

The UK site online hair solutions looks like a big scam. The pictures they are using are of models who do not have hairpieces on. I know this because I have seen a couple of the pictures used on other non hair related websites.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    The UK site online hair solutions looks like a big scam. The pictures they are using are of models who do not have hairpieces on. I know this because I have seen a couple of the pictures used on other non hair related websites.
    Well I know at least two people who have bought from this company and they all say it's a good company. And as yet I haven't sent any money.

If you know where these pictures appear, please give me the links.

Hi all,

I operate Online Hair Solutions and would like to say that infact, as it happens, Im sad to say that amadeus might infact be correct regarding the images (pending investigation).

I outsourced the website design to a friend who dealt with the photographer. I was given specs and I believed/believe the designer. I have contacted the designer for confirmation on how the images where taken and whether the descriptions of the units worn are 100% accurate. Untill I hear back from him I have no reason to doubt them.

That being said, I do not want the reputation of my business tarnished in anyway shape or form so I have removed the images untill I have this matter sorted. I will have new images taken at our base if necassary. I am actually offering units for £70 delivered for anyone willing to have their photograph on our website (providing they are professional looking).

Gusto, I have many clients in the UK and throughout Europe and Asia (although mainly the UK). Its good to hear people have recommended us as we are a fairly new business.

We began when I started to supply units to members of other forums and just gradually built our client base from there.

To prove that we are not a "big scam" I am willing to offer any small or medium cap, lace with hair under 6 inches (with options such as PU injected crown, single knot graduated frontal hairline etc etc) for £100.

We are trying to get a point across, and that point is that good quality units do not have to cost £300-£1500.

Our usual prices range from £130 upto around £250 for 18 inch female full cap. There are some cases where prices are slightly higher due to highlights etc.

I challenge anyone to purchase a bespoke - small or medium cap from us for £100 delivered and fault the quality. (for larger units price will be adjusted).

It was one of my clients who bought this thread to my attention and Im very happy they did so. I certainly do not want bad publicity as a business, but mainly becuase I know how hard we work to ensure our clients get the best possible units and to be referred to as scammers is not a great feeling.

Once again, I know amadeus meant nothing personal by his comments and was just pointing something out (which is being taken very serious by us) so in a way, I appreciate your post amadeus.

Kind regards

Chris

Chrisohs, thanks for clearing things up. Not many business people would come on a public forum to admit they may have made a mistake. Credit to you.

OHS are currently making me a hair system and they seem okay to me. I haven't received it yet but the manager Chris is always in communication and directed and advised me carefully through the process. At this stage I have only good things to say about the company.

Thank you for your support guys.

Thank you OXO for making me aware of the situation.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you wish to take us up on our offer.

Kind regards

Chris

It’s great that my post motivated you to do the right thing, but I do wonder how you could allow this mistake to happen as an owner of a hair replacement website? I mean you had descriptions under each picture stating things like “look at the natural hairline”. I’m not convinced that your webmaster would take it upon himself to write those captions. I do hope things work out for you Gusto. Please let us know.