+ Reply to Thread

Question How many hairs would be required for this level of hair loss?

When I contact clinics, they advise around 3000 hairs. I'm wondering if this is too high

Quote Originally Posted by Bob89385 View Post
    When I contact clinics, they advise around 3000 hairs. I'm wondering if this is too high

Just for the crown shown in that Pic I can't see where they would even put in 3k grafts. How old are you. Most good DR's aren't going to want to do anything with that level of loss in the crown(pretty insignificant honestly) unless you are at least 40. Reason being if you have loss in the crown at 25 and they put 3k in your crown you might lose the front and won't have enough grafts left to fix it. For that spot I would think 1k grafts would give a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    Just for the crown shown in that Pic I can't see where they would even put in 3k grafts. How old are you. Most good DR's aren't going to want to do anything with that level of loss in the crown(pretty insignificant honestly) unless you are at least 40. Reason being if you have loss in the crown at 25 and they put 3k in your crown you might lose the front and won't have enough grafts left to fix it. For that spot I would think 1k grafts would give a good result.
    I dont understand .. you dont even need hair transplant. That area may get my bald in years to come its better to do it when it has shed alot and stablised. I hsd exactly what you had when inwas 26 27 and i jist usrd rogaine amd it worked for a while so thats my best advice.. try propecia too and youll see it improve alot because its very early signs of hairloss.

Once you havr exhausted both options and ifnthe hairless get bad in the coming years then maybe think about a hair transplant.

Whoever told you to get 3000 grafts for that is 1. Bad at their job because you certainly dont merd that many and 2. Does not care about ethics and whats best for you because he or she should tell you exactly what i advised you.

If you still dont want to listen to my advice thats cool. Contact the very top surgeons in the world (without the intentions of a transplant) and send them your hairloss pictures and they will give you the best advice. Might be a good idea to contact the grandady of them all mr joe Tillman he will no doubt echo what i said.
    All the best.

Your hairloss is very minimal and most HT surgeons would advise you to wait. There is no way that you need 3000 grafts for that area.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com