+ Reply to Thread

Default i need your opinion

Hello everyone! I'm 23 years old...and I'm dealing with this since 20 years old I think...I have temples receded like a norwood 2 but I have also a diffuse thinning allover the top...I started propecia 1 month and half ago...and I'm thinking already at HT...I think I have some good donor to restore all the top of my head...with sides and back hair...I'll post some pictures with my hair...it is buzzed like 4 mm at the back and 1 cm on the top...and let me know what do you think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15052010(020).jpg

Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4840   Click image for larger version

Name:	15052010(007).jpg

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	4841   Click image for larger version

Name:	10052010(023).jpg

Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	4842  

You should definitely give the propecia more time before considering getting a transplant, as it could significantly thicken the diffuse thinning on the top of your head.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I agree with mattj, give the Propecia at least 6 months to a year to see if you can maintain, or even thicken, your existing hair. Although a hair transplant may be a good option for you in the future, you don't want to transplant hair where you are now experiencing diffuse thinning as this could accelerate your hair loss in this region.

Default thanks

Thanks for advices! I'm gonna wait for a full year...till then my plan is just to shave the thinning area and to get a hair piece...just ca not stay with this hairline...hate it...if at the end of this full year waiting the things wont change can I have an HT?

Default donor

what about donor? is that looking good?

Your hairline doesn't look bad at all. With your level of loss it might not be a good idea to drop it any lower with a transplant. With the propecia, as we've said, you could thicken up the diffused area quite a bit and/or maintain your hair, but the fact that it is diffused over a large area is a sign that eventually that entire region might be bald. You should plan with that in mind, and I'm sure that if worse comes to worse your priority will be vertex rather than hairline.

Default thanks

yes I know...My balding relatives has stopped at norwood 4-5 at 55...I don't want to lower the hairline...just to restore 1 cm my right temple...and to thicken everything else...I am realistic...and don't want a hair that I never used to have...I aiming for a long term plan...and hope that my donor will be enough to achieve this goal...you have to know better that me...why people are saying that you have to be older to restore the hair because I'm not looking to lower the hairline...just my temples with 1 cm...and I will do just fue...I don't want a big scar on my head...why should I wait? Thanks!

You should wait because making a knee jerk decision to undergo a hair transplant at your age could cause regret when you get older. Right now your hair is not bad and Propecia might get you to where you’ll be comfortable. Don’t rush into a hair transplant.

There are two different reasons to wait. The first is the reason that's already been stated: you should give the propecia a chance to do it's job, because it's possible you'll re-grow a lot of hair and make the transplant unnecessary. Diffuse thinners often respond well to the drug. The second is that you're young and your hairloss looks fairly aggressive. If your family history includes NW4-5 then that's a good sign, but your current pattern, which is fairly uniform diffuse loss from front to back, could suggest that you'll lose your hair from this entire area in the future.

It would be worth having consultations with a number of doctors to see what they think.