+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Non-surgical / hair products for temples

This thread opened up a word of possibilities for me.

I had never really considered using a product to make my hair look thicker, though I think I could definitely benefit from that. I went to folica.com and browsed the products a bit.

Any recommendations for making thin hair around the temples look fuller? That's really the only place I need help.

Also, I see glowing testimonials about products like Spectral DNC-L and Revivogen that supposedly help grow hair back. Could the testimonials be fake? What's the deal?

Thanks.

I like this thread lol.

I can't get Spectral or Revivogen where I live though... sucks.

I am going to give dermmatch a try in the future for sure. I think it really depends how you wear your hair man. I also read/heard and think that if you color your hair(just color it to what it is lol) then perhaps thats an extra coating, which makes it thicker.

Also, just comb dermmatch through your hair, will definitely help the temples to some extent by making the hair thicker overall. I haven't used it yet, thats only what I suspect.

I am going to buy dermmatch when I buy my new finasteride/shampoo supply which is within a week or so from now.

Curious what you decide to do/use. Please report back.

Quote Originally Posted by [mcr] View Post
    This thread opened up a word of possibilities for me.

I had never really considered using a product to make my hair look thicker, though I think I could definitely benefit from that. I went to folica.com and browsed the products a bit.

Any recommendations for making thin hair around the temples look fuller? That's really the only place I need help.

Also, I see glowing testimonials about products like Spectral DNC-L and Revivogen that supposedly help grow hair back. Could the testimonials be fake? What's the deal?

Thanks.
    Man, i haven't heard of these products so I can't comment. I've thought of using toppik, which I heard does a good job in covering up bald spots. Have any of you guys used or heard of toppik?

Right now I am open to using thickening gels, and looking into products that help regrow hair.

The thing is deep down I know that most of those regrowth products don't do much if anything at all, otherwise they would be a huge success already.

I have a thickening gel called Bed Head '****y' that I bought a long time ago and never used much. Ima give it a try today.

My hair is so thin lately... It is because I shed last week I think/hope.

If I don't see regrowth or so..then my hair is pretty much a disaster. I have hope though... we will see.

mcr you willing to try dermmatch with me? I am still not sure which color. I think light brown but maybe medium...eh! Dont want to get it wrong either... I have spent too much money on hair loss already...

Hey KeepTheHair, because of the nature of my hairloss (temples) I don't think it's a good idea for me to sprinkle or paint the bald areas. This is because the temples are very exposed to people you talk to face to face.

Do you have hair loss on top or back of your head? If so I think it would be a good idea to use such products there because it will make your hair appear fuller overall, and no one's gonna climb on a ladder and get a super close look at the top of your head. On the other hand it's easy to get a very close look at someone's temples.

Update: I used the thickening product mentioned above (Bed Head ****y) and now I remember why I never liked it. It's all gooey and makes my hair wavy and exposes the bald spots even more because my hair bunches together. Then it makes my hair all crunchy like after it's dried.

I had to wear a hat before going out. I won't be using it again.

On another note I ordered *******15+. I'll see how I tolerate it this time. Last time I tried it was over a year ago, I think I got headaches and some bizarre sort of reaction I didn't like. We'll see.

There are so many types of hair care products available in the market, but all of them are not genuine and good for hairs. We should be very careful while choosing hair care products because hairs are one of the most important aspects of our body.

guys i have receeded temples of NW3, and just wanted to add that i use dermamatch to "colour in" the bald temples, and sort of "comb over" the temples with the hair on top. You might think it sounds/looks rediculous but trust me it looks completely natural. It only works if u have hair there already, or can comb it over, and i am happy with it for now. At least in my case it doesnt look rediculous as trust me I would never do it if I looked like i was faking it.

toppik can be good for the temples, but only with the spray applicator. without it it's messy and unnatural. i have no experience with dermatch...i also tried fullmore but that stuff really sucks...