Don not take Finasteride - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Don not take Finasteride

I shied away from trying it for years on account of all the sideeffects but I finally decided to try it and I must say, all the side effects and fears are true. Immediately upon taking it I stopped having morning erections or at any other time. I could only have one with manual stimulation, and the semen was watery. I missed a dose one day and I had normal feeling erections when I lied in bed to sleep/in the morning, then it all stopped once I continued the treatment, I said I was going to continue. I finished the box which would be almost a month's dose and didn't continue, it's been a few days since I stopped taking it and I'm basically impotent, it literally feels like you are carrying dead weight down there, not a nice feeling. So yeah, this horrific condition strikes once more at my ability to enjoy life, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by blohan View Post
    I shied away from trying it for years on account of all the sideeffects but I finally decided to try it and I must say, all the side effects and fears are true. Immediately upon taking it I stopped having morning erections or at any other time. I could only have one with manual stimulation, and the semen was watery. I missed a dose one day and I had normal feeling erections when I lied in bed to sleep/in the morning, then it all stopped once I continued the treatment, I said I was going to continue. I finished the box which would be almost a month's dose and didn't continue, it's been a few days since I stopped taking it and I'm basically impotent, it literally feels like you are carrying dead weight down there, not a nice feeling. So yeah, this horrific condition strikes once more at my ability to enjoy life, congratulations.
    Dude, I don't take fin; so I'm not here to defend the drug. I have taken it in the past and it didn't seem to work for me. It does work for some, for others it doesn't. Simple.

I'm also not dismissing the potential side effects of the drug, and there are cases of it seriously messing with people's downstairs, this again, I do not deny.

BUT! What I will say, is the most dangerous thing when taking a drug with side effects, is anxiety.
    If you're anxious, especially about things concerning your old boy, there is a very strong chance your old boy won't work.
    Case and point, ever been nervous before and failed to get an errection in the bedroom? Happens to every man at one point or another. Anxiety my friend. It really likes ****ing around with your penis.

It is highly unlikely that fin would cause such serious side effects so quickly, and I think if you suffer from anxiety which looking at this I'm guessing you do, then most of these problems are being made so much worse because of it

Like I said, I'm not here to belittle your claims of problems at all, just knowing what I know about the drug, it seems unlikely that it would kill your penis this quickly and I am strongly willing to bet that if you give it a couple of days, try to remain calm, everything will go back to normal as you become less anxious about taking the drug and start to forget it.

And if I'm wrong and you're the calmest person in the world and in 20 years your penis has fallen off because of your very brief use of an FDA approved drug, well, then I owe you a coke my friend.

But seriously, you'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    Dude, I don't take fin; so I'm not here to defend the drug. I have taken it in the past and it didn't seem to work for me. It does work for some, for others it doesn't. Simple.

I'm also not dismissing the potential side effects of the drug, and there are cases of it seriously messing with people's downstairs, this again, I do not deny.

BUT! What I will say, is the most dangerous thing when taking a drug with side effects, is anxiety.
    If you're anxious, especially about things concerning your old boy, there is a very strong chance your old boy won't work.
    Case and point, ever been nervous before and failed to get an errection in the bedroom? Happens to every man at one point or another. Anxiety my friend. It really likes ****ing around with your penis.

It is highly unlikely that fin would cause such serious side effects so quickly, and I think if you suffer from anxiety which looking at this I'm guessing you do, then most of these problems are being made so much worse because of it

Like I said, I'm not here to belittle your claims of problems at all, just knowing what I know about the drug, it seems unlikely that it would kill your penis this quickly and I am strongly willing to bet that if you give it a couple of days, try to remain calm, everything will go back to normal as you become less anxious about taking the drug and start to forget it.
    I do suffer from anxiety and take luvox for it, however I had no worries into taking finasteride I barely have a sex life anyway and this was not in any of my concerns. The drug is very dangerous and its side effects are immediate and all the chatter about it on the internet is true. If you can go through life with half of your sexual performance, that's fine but that is not me.

Doctor Representative

Keep in mind that it takes a few weeks to permanently leave your system, so if you do experience symptoms then stop taking it, it's expected for those symptoms to persist for a week or two rather than subside immediately the day after.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Keep in mind that it takes a few weeks to permanently leave your system, so if you do experience symptoms then stop taking it, it's expected for those symptoms to persist for a week or two rather than subside immediately the day after.
    When I missed a dose early on in the treatment the side effects went away immediately, I also read that finasteride stays in the system for only 6 hours after stopping the medication, so this is not normal. I had read many statements that the side effects are permanent even if you stop taking it and I'm starting to experience it myself.

fin will mess with your dick
    1) weak ejaculations that dont ever launch
    2) decreased orgasm
    3) you cant get hard when the time is ready, and you cant maintain hardness
    4) kills all your gains in the gym and makes u weaker in the gym

lets face it; these forums make it sound like DHT is the anti christ and we have to get rid of it, when the truth is that DHT is essentially a hormone that makes us men, and we lose the qualities of being men while it, all for this shitty drug that puts a weak break on hairloss, and no regrowth.

now listen, some men on these forums have zero sex lives, and dont even go to the gym, so for them, they dont care about the effects of FIN, but if u like sex, and u like working out this drug is not worth it, and even more than year after quitting it, i am sill not 100% where i use to be before takin it, i was better off taking RU frankly

I second guess blohan,

I started losing my hair at 17, and got on fin at the age of 19. The side effects are certainly real. In my objective opinion, rogaine foam, and the finding and booking a procedure with a reputable surgeon is the route on should take if they want to avoid debilitating side effects.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-14-2017 at 10:30 AM.

didn't have any of those sides, but fin didn't do anything for my hairloss, neither did minoxidil. Waste of time and money in my case.