Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevets
    • Jul 2017

FUE scar repair with SMP

I am 26 and made a terrible mistake of getting a htp at 22. 2500 FUE with artas robot. Biggest regret of my life so far. Wish I had done the homework and not let my insecurities get the best of me, but that is beside the point because the damage has been done.

I want to shave but I've got some solid scarring in the donor region. It's not cratered or bumpy it anything like that, bit it's pretty dense and heavily contrasted with the surrounding skin. Possibly made worse since the robot makes very consistent extraction patterns.

Has anybody here used scalp micropigmentation to cover up their transplant scars, specifically FUE scars? I definitely have no interest in doing the full scalp, just taking care of the scars. One of my concern is how well it will blend in, I tan rather easily and my skin tone can change drastically with the seasons. I'm also wondering if the SMP involves both coloration of the scars as well as adding a hair follicle dot, or if it's just the dot. How long could it last? How realistic could it look in person? I know this is hard to answer since you've never seen what my scars look like now. I've only once shaved down to a #2 and even then it was fairly visible.

Beside SMP, any other recommendations? Thanks.
  • pajason
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Stevets
    I am 26 and made a terrible mistake of getting a htp at 22. 2500 FUE with artas robot. Biggest regret of my life so far. Wish I had done the homework and not let my insecurities get the best of me, but that is beside the point because the damage has been done.

I want to shave but I've got some solid scarring in the donor region. It's not cratered or bumpy it anything like that, bit it's pretty dense and heavily contrasted with the surrounding skin. Possibly made worse since the robot makes very consistent extraction patterns.

Has anybody here used scalp micropigmentation to cover up their transplant scars, specifically FUE scars? I definitely have no interest in doing the full scalp, just taking care of the scars. One of my concern is how well it will blend in, I tan rather easily and my skin tone can change drastically with the seasons. I'm also wondering if the SMP involves both coloration of the scars as well as adding a hair follicle dot, or if it's just the dot. How long could it last? How realistic could it look in person? I know this is hard to answer since you've never seen what my scars look like now. I've only once shaved down to a #2 and even then it was fairly visible.

Beside SMP, any other recommendations? Thanks.
    The results I have seen from smp on fue scars are fantastic. Now bear in mind you would need to keep the hair on the back really short or have some length. In between it might be more noticeable.

Comment

• Stevets
      • Jul 2017

That's very comforting to hear, thanks.

Comment

Working...