Adding Taurine to my regimine, has anyone on here had experience with this? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Adding Taurine to my regimine, has anyone on here had experience with this?

Came across several study's online:

One study in 2013 (Kim et al.) describes alopecia as a modern malady that is aggravated by stress due to the changing socio-economic conditions we are living.

Researchers studied the effects of taurine against alopecia that has been caused by various chemical stress agents. There was a positive response when taurine was added and it allowed better stress recovery. The study concludes that there is strong evidence showing how taurine can help with alopecia, especially when used with other treatments that reduce hair loss.

Another study conducted in 2008 (Collin et al.) analyses taurine in relation to (TGF)-β — a protein that may cause hair loss. Taurine is involved in many physiological functions among which the immunomodulatory and antifibrotic functions. The researchers used taurine on in-vitro hair follicles. The observations concluded that taurine protects the hair follicle from the effects of (TGF)-β1 as well as promoting hair survival.

besides being an important element in brain and retinal development, taurine has a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect
    The (TGF)-β1 is a protein that performs various functions such as cell growth, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, etc.; it also plays an important role in the fibrosis of hair follicle and its growth.

There is further research that shows how (TGF)-β1 is linked to androgenetic alopecia as an important factor in hair growth. This particular study concludes that (TGF)-β1 derived from DPCs mediates hair growth suppression in AGA. (Kim et al.,2013)

study in 2013 (Kim et al.) concluded that besides being an important element in brain and retinal development, taurine has a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect. The study also shows that taurine inhibits the pro inflammatory mediators resulting from TLR9 activation. This may help researchers find treatment and even a cure for conditions like alopecia areata, psoriasis, vitiligo or other autoimmune conditions.

Hibino & Nishiyama argue that hair loss can be easily prevented by understanding how DHT stimulates synthesis of (TGF)-β1 in derma papilla cells. (TGF)-β1 also suppresses the proliferation of epithelial cells and stimulates synthesis of some caspases. Ultimately, epithelial cells are eliminated through apoptotic cell death. The study concludes that (TGF)-β1 antagonists help by preventing morphological changes as well as promoting the elongation of hair follicles. (Hibino & Nishiyama, 2004)

There is significant evidence showing how taurine is linked to (TGF)-β1 and can be used in treatment of hair loss. One study on taurine deficiency further supports the link between taurine and hair loss (TGF)-β1 (Hagiwara et al., 2014) while another study shows that taurine inhibits the expression of procollagen type I and type III in lung fibrosis, once again linking taurine to hair growth. (TGF)-β1. (Gurujeyalakshmi, Hollinger & Giri, 1998)

Another study on taurine supplementation in the treatment of women with hair fragility shows the potential benefits of a systematic taurine supplementation; the study was conducted on 20 women with ages between 20 to 68 years who had fine hair and decreased hair thickness and shows that daily oral intake of taurine 150mg, Catechin 75mg and Zinc 15mg is beneficial to hair health. 11/12 women showed increased hair diameter from 0,040

I have also heard alot of buzz from people in forums about this being the only supplement that they truly noticed a difference with.

I am going to supplement 4 grams day to start

Bump

Any luck?

Tom it is still very early, but I think I am already noticing a difference. Stress also seems much easier to handle, as though its not being felt in the same way in both my body, and mind( This is definitely a plus!). I will let you know more in a couple of weeks, from what I can tell right now it's working for me.

Oh forgot to mention, for the first two days I was very tired, I mean dead tired! This subsided after day 3, and is no longer noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by GroughBack View Post
    Oh forgot to mention, for the first two days I was very tired, I mean dead tired! This subsided after day 3, and is no longer noticeable.
    Hey man, so L-TAURINE makes you tired? I don't think I can have that lol. Are you taking more pics? Any decrease in shedding or hair darkening?

Funny right, you would think that an ingredient so common in energy drinks would wake you up, NOT THE CASE! Again, this has passed, and my energy has returned to normal. Here is my latest picture, I am super excited, you can see the vertex is filling more, there is now a nice strait line starting to form. If you look at the first picture in most recent comparison folder, you might be able to see that all of the shorter hairs are now full length, and what a difference that makes when my hair is dry. The newest picture shows another wave of new terminal growth, bringing my hairline down further. The oil that I am using is what is causing this re growth. Taurine is definitely helping, I can be sure of this after just 2 to 3 weeks. I'll take another picture of my hair dry once the new, new hairs lengthen!

Funny right, you would think that an ingredient so common in energy drinks would wake you up, NOT THE CASE! Again, this has passed, and my energy has returned to normal. Here is my latest picture, I am super excited, you can see the vertex is filling more, there is now a nice strait line starting to form. If you look at the first picture in most recent comparison folder, you might be able to see that all of the shorter hairs are now full length, and what a difference that makes when my hair is dry. The newest picture shows another wave of new terminal growth, bringing my hairline down further. The oil that I am using is what is causing this re growth. Taurine is definitely helping, I can be sure of this after just 2 to 3 weeks. I'll take another picture of my hair dry once the new, new hairs lengthen!

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album....chmentid=53503

Felt I should update this thread, its now been a month of adding 4 grams a day of taurine to my regimen. Its visible to me that this is helping significantly, and well worth continuing. It's hard to tell this early on, but I think I am seeing a difference in the diameter of the hair, they seem to be growing thicker. Also far less shedding. I wouldn't take the time to write this if I didn't think this would be helpful to more than just myself.