+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FUE Los Angeles

Default FUE Los Angeles

Any thoughts of a good LA doc for a reasonable price? There are over 50 who do hair transplants.

Inactive

A good starting point is to look at the doctors who are IAHRS represented. This will really help you narrow down the field.

That said, when choosing a surgeon, location and price should be very low on the list of important factors. Yes, it can be convenient to find someone local. Yes, it's nice if the procedure doesn't break the bank. But neither of those things matter in the slightest if you're not getting good work done. (And I'm saying this as a representative of an LA based doctor who I think is one of the best around.) As your research thus far has shown you, there is no shortage of doctors out there performing hair transplants. There is, however, a shortage of doctors performing quality, consistent hair transplants. If you browse the internet enough, you'll see more than your fair share of horror stories from guys who "went with the guy down the street" or "found a really great deal" who are suffering more from their bad hair transplants than they were before they had the procedure.

For starters, check out Dr. Mohebi. He's not cheap, but he does solid, consistent work and is extremely ethical and experienced. But don't stop there. Do tons of research, narrow down your choices (IAHRS is a good place to start), have a few consultations with your top options, talk to former patients, etc. and then make the decision that feels best in your gut.

Hope this is of some help. Best of luck!

If I could start all over again, I probably would've gone to Turkey to get my HT there. It seems to be like an international destination -especially from EU- for HT these days and at much lower cost. Hell, if I do get any more HTs in the future I think it will be done there.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it might be something to consider.

ForPsych,

Los Angeles is saturated with hair transplant clinics. Quite frankly it can be overwhelming dealing with them. Unfortunately, I was victim to 2 of them, which I can not disclose for legal purposes, at a young age (minor strip, 3 FUE's of which the last 2 were attempted repairs)

I was left with disfigurement and a taxed head donor area. Toppik became my "wife" essentially. In January of 2016 I had my only successful and life changing and saving procedure with Dr. Sanusi Umar. It consisted of 6500 FUE body, beard, and the little head donor I had left that could be utilized. My only regret is that I did not know about Dr. Umar before my first hair transplant. My life, and my hair would look a lot different today if I had.

Good luck going forward bud.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-28-2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Please refer to our Posting Rules & TOS. Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and instructions.