The experience of a 25 year old on Finasteride - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default The experience of a 25 year old on Finasteride

Although I've only just joined this forum, am I by no means a 'newbie'. Just 2 years ago I probably spent around 6 months digging through every thread on this forum trying to figure out if I was balding and what can be do to stop it...after a long time being in denial about losing my hair I decided to take the plunge and order my first batch of Finasteride (1 month supply) - this was 2 years ago this month and I haven't looked back.

My hair loss was very subtle, but noticeable at times. If I pulled my fringe back I reveal the beginnings of a receding hairline - although it's mainly on the left temple, the right temple never really lost any ground and still hasn't to this day. Because my hair loss wasn't (luckily) very aggressive or noticeable to others I didn't even begin to notice change until I was around 21...because it was so subtle I forgot about it/kept telling myself I wasn't losing hair and did nothing to prevent it. Then when I got to the age of 23 I noticed further recession and others did too, however I still ignored it until one day at the hair dressers when my stylist commented on the beginnings of a thinning crown - my heart sank. I have never even bothered to check this area of hair before, and when I got home and looked in the mirror it seemed fine...until I wet the area which revealed some signs of thinning.

After this revelation I went into full panic mode, almost a short depression episode which lasted around 6 months. I spent my time online constantly researching what to do and how much it would cost, I read all the scary stories about propecia side effects, and of course all the positive side effects - but because I'm a very indecisive person I did nothing for a very long time. In this time my hair loss was continuing, my head would itch all the time and a lot of hair would come out with it, a sign of balding I had come across online many times. It's also worth noting my father and oldest brother have hair loss, therefore I was convinced I had got the gene as well and that just added fuel to my anxiety ridden fire.

After this awful, worrying time I finally decided to meet with my doctor and discuss propecia. He informed me they were risks, but very low risks and if it's something I want to try he suggested I should. I found a cheap propecia on Dr fox website (an official UK pharmacy) and ordered my first batch - 2 years later I haven't looked back.

My hair is exactly the same as it was when I started, no more itching, no more shedding and I have had zero side effects - of course this could change and if it did I would need to explore other options, but if you're a young guy like me and you find yourself worrying about losing your hair I suggest at least trying finasteride, it's working well for me so far and in fact my hair is way thicker than it was.

I thought I'd post this snippet of my experience with hair loss and finasteride to give any other young guys like me a light at the end of the tunnel - I know these kind of posts definitely helped me

Thanks for another ad for some garbage propecia.

Your case sounds very similar to mine.
    Has your hair thickened up at all? I am a diffuse thinner.. yet to hop on fin as I'm too chicken to pull the trigger.