+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2 Hair Transplants at 18

Ive had 2 hair transplants and im only 18 . The first one was on the front and the second in the middle. I will be possibly be doing another one in the front and then thats it for a decade or so. Any other treatments i could be doing? Its been very hard for me that ive been picked on thanks to my hair loss since 16.

Quote Originally Posted by jnd3344 View Post
    Ive had 2 hair transplants and im only 18 . The first one was on the front and the second in the middle. I will be possibly be doing another one in the front and then thats it for a decade or so. Any other treatments i could be doing? Its been very hard for me that ive been picked on thanks to my hair loss since 16.

jnd3344,

Yes, it can be very difficult dealing with all of the teasing from your peers regarding your hairloss especially at such a young age. The best thing for you to do is to laugh at yourself along with them. Trust me, the more they see that their teasing bothers you, the more they will do it. People can be cruel. On the other hand, the more you laugh along with them, the more they will see that their head games won't work on you. Tell them you can hardly wait until it all falls out so you can save money on haircuts!

If you are noticing that much hairloss at such a young age, chances are you are headed for advanced hairloss from what is known as male pattern baldness. Look up the Norwood scale of MPB on the internet and you will see the classes of hairloss from class 2 through 7, the latter being the most advanced. You will undoubtedly see hairloss patterns that your father, grandfathers, uncles, etc have. Chances are that there exist class 7's on either side of your family history, maternal or paternal.

If so, be very careful about doing HT surgery at such a young age. It can advance your hairloss ahead of its time frames. It would be a better alternative right now to buzz cut your scalp and get advice from a reputable doctor about viable hairloss meds. At your young age, you want to avoid ANY HT surgery. You will never have enough donor to cover all of the loss and why it is better to buzz your scalp at this point in time.

There are many young men who buzz their scalps so you won't get teased as much either. Buzz cuttting is in for younger guys. And many young men like yourself do in fact buzz their scalps.

I just loathe doctors who do HTs on such young men like yourself. Stay away from those doctors. In my opinion, they are just interested in taking your money!

You may not want to hear what I am telling you, but it is in your best interest. I have seen way too many young men start HTs at too young of an age and every one of them have regretted it.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

thanks for the reply i already had 2 done . Ive seen improvements from the first one the second one i jsut did a month ago. The doctor is a good guy he told me the third surgery should last for like ten years before i have to worry about it again.. so i dont know

Are you taking propecia?

wow man. Sorry to hear you had to go through this...

I can't say I know what it feels like to lose it all that early... But I am only 20 and I receded extremely badly at the temples and crown is starting to go.

Not in your boat... but

You should use propecia everyday man. Not just once a week. Can you possible post some pictures of the transplants? That's really young man.

Just hang on, live life to the fullest until some cure comes out. Never give up hope.

here are a few pics

Blimey, I was excited for u when i saw ur first pic and then I saw the rest

U only had surgery 1 month ago right so all the patches on top are from shock loss and also u r waiting for some more hair to grow?????

Firstlt and most importantly dnt u dare get any more work done until u have got some good advice from some of posters here

Ur doctor was AA right?

yeah the front is probably shock loss i had surgery 2 and a half weeks ago, so then what should i do?

the first surgery was on november so i guess theres still hair growing.

What did your hair look like before your first surgery? Did you have Fue or strip?

i had strip im not really sure what to say about how it was before the surgery