Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnd3344
    • May 2010

2 Hair Transplants at 18

Ive had 2 hair transplants and im only 18 . The first one was on the front and the second in the middle. I will be possibly be doing another one in the front and then thats it for a decade or so. Any other treatments i could be doing? Its been very hard for me that ive been picked on thanks to my hair loss since 16.
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jnd3344
    Ive had 2 hair transplants and im only 18 . The first one was on the front and the second in the middle. I will be possibly be doing another one in the front and then thats it for a decade or so. Any other treatments i could be doing? Its been very hard for me that ive been picked on thanks to my hair loss since 16.

jnd3344,

Yes, it can be very difficult dealing with all of the teasing from your peers regarding your hairloss especially at such a young age. The best thing for you to do is to laugh at yourself along with them. Trust me, the more they see that their teasing bothers you, the more they will do it. People can be cruel. On the other hand, the more you laugh along with them, the more they will see that their head games won't work on you. Tell them you can hardly wait until it all falls out so you can save money on haircuts!

If you are noticing that much hairloss at such a young age, chances are you are headed for advanced hairloss from what is known as male pattern baldness. Look up the Norwood scale of MPB on the internet and you will see the classes of hairloss from class 2 through 7, the latter being the most advanced. You will undoubtedly see hairloss patterns that your father, grandfathers, uncles, etc have. Chances are that there exist class 7's on either side of your family history, maternal or paternal.

If so, be very careful about doing HT surgery at such a young age. It can advance your hairloss ahead of its time frames. It would be a better alternative right now to buzz cut your scalp and get advice from a reputable doctor about viable hairloss meds. At your young age, you want to avoid ANY HT surgery. You will never have enough donor to cover all of the loss and why it is better to buzz your scalp at this point in time.

There are many young men who buzz their scalps so you won't get teased as much either. Buzz cuttting is in for younger guys. And many young men like yourself do in fact buzz their scalps.

I just loathe doctors who do HTs on such young men like yourself. Stay away from those doctors. In my opinion, they are just interested in taking your money!

You may not want to hear what I am telling you, but it is in your best interest. I have seen way too many young men start HTs at too young of an age and every one of them have regretted it.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• jnd3344
      • May 2010

thanks for the reply i already had 2 done . Ive seen improvements from the first one the second one i jsut did a month ago. The doctor is a good guy he told me the third surgery should last for like ten years before i have to worry about it again.. so i dont know

Comment

• LFC
        • Sep 2009

Are you taking propecia?

Comment

• KeepTheHair
          • Mar 2010

wow man. Sorry to hear you had to go through this...

I can't say I know what it feels like to lose it all that early... But I am only 20 and I receded extremely badly at the temples and crown is starting to go.

Not in your boat... but

You should use propecia everyday man. Not just once a week. Can you possible post some pictures of the transplants? That's really young man.

Just hang on, live life to the fullest until some cure comes out. Never give up hope.

Comment

• jnd3344
            • May 2010

here are a few pics

Comment

• morelocks
              • Jul 2009

Blimey, I was excited for u when i saw ur first pic and then I saw the rest

U only had surgery 1 month ago right so all the patches on top are from shock loss and also u r waiting for some more hair to grow?????

Firstlt and most importantly dnt u dare get any more work done until u have got some good advice from some of posters here

Ur doctor was AA right?

Comment

• jnd3344
                • May 2010

yeah the front is probably shock loss i had surgery 2 and a half weeks ago, so then what should i do?

the first surgery was on november so i guess theres still hair growing.

Comment

• Winston
                  • Mar 2009

What did your hair look like before your first surgery? Did you have Fue or strip?

Comment

• jnd3344
                    • May 2010

i had strip im not really sure what to say about how it was before the surgery

Comment

• morelocks
                      • Jul 2009

j, your not giving us enough information to help you. I'm asking u for the second time who your doctor was, another guy here has asked u if ur on propecia and most important someone else has had to ask you if you have had strip or fue.

Someone else will come on and ask you where u have had the grafts placed, another will ask you how many you've had. You have plenty of people here who will help you but we need as much info as possible.

Can u provide all of the above and as much other info as u can give. Have all the newly placed hairs fallen out already?

Anyway answer the above and i will be as helpful and honest as I can and if you can't I will leave this to the other guys here. I'm no doctor and no expert, have made many mistakes already at a young age but have had a few fue's so have been through the motions a good few times

Comment

• jnd3344
                        • May 2010

ok thanks i will answer the questions, im just desperate i was even contemplating suicide a couple months back, is that normal for people loosing their hair?

I'm not in the United States I'm in Colombia my doctor was Dr. Luis Pavajeau, i used propecia 3 times a week for 3 months before my hair transplant and then i stopped after my 2nd hair transplant i started taking one a week as the doctor advised. I had strip. I had hair put in my front first and then behind the front not to the crown though.

Comment

• morelocks
                          • Jul 2009

Guys has anyone heard of this Doctor??

J, imo any ethical doctor shouldnt have worked on you because you are way to young for this, losing your hair at such an early age just means you are going to lose a whole lot more and will never have enough doner hair to cover your whole head. Anyway, like me you have made the mistake of getting this done so there is no point draggin up on the past.

From now on, DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL U TAKE ADVICE from as many people who want to help you on this forum. There are 2 other good forums as well so please register, give your details and ask these people for advice!

I suggest you get on propecia daily, i made the same mistake as you and avoided it for the first 2 years i started this journey and i had to go back every 8-9 months for top ups. It has completly messed me up inside but to the rest of the world i now look like i have a good head of hair, not that i am saying this has made it worthwhile because it hasnt! Secondly you need to start using Rogaine once or even twice a day and please dnt think you have a choice in the above because i dnt think you do anymore but im hoping others will comment as well.

Best case scenario we need to hope what you see now is shock loss (most people get this by the way) and your doc has at least done his job properly but you will only now know after another 3 months. if you dnt start seeing progress then you need to research as much you can and TRUST me even if it does not seem like it today you will find a solution of some sort.

You still need to provide more info such as how many grafts were placed. Anything you can think of regarding your procedure please just put it on here and others will be able to help you more

I dnt really know what else to say at the moment but i will log in again in a few days. Forget these suicide thoughts out your head. many people on these forums believe there will be a cure in the next 2-5 years :-) and even if there isnt doctors are at least improving there repair approaches all the time

By the way, even if your doc has done a good job you will look worse before you look better so please dnt stress if you see a bit more loss. Get on propecia and rogaine asap because they will also speed things up a little

Good luck

Comment

• jnd3344
                            • May 2010

the doctor implants 1000-1300 grafts per surgery no biggie, i will start taking propecia although im not comfrotable taking it daily for the rest of my life, my father has had about 4 transplants with this guy and they have gone well for him

Comment

• Winston
                              • Mar 2009

I would advise you not to have another surgery anytime soon and to have a consult with an IAHRS surgeon to see where you stand. It’s possible that you’ll regrow the hair that might have been shocked out by the surgery and Propecia might help you maintain and regorw some hair also.

Comment

Working...