+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

j, your not giving us enough information to help you. I'm asking u for the second time who your doctor was, another guy here has asked u if ur on propecia and most important someone else has had to ask you if you have had strip or fue.

Someone else will come on and ask you where u have had the grafts placed, another will ask you how many you've had. You have plenty of people here who will help you but we need as much info as possible.

Can u provide all of the above and as much other info as u can give. Have all the newly placed hairs fallen out already?

Anyway answer the above and i will be as helpful and honest as I can and if you can't I will leave this to the other guys here. I'm no doctor and no expert, have made many mistakes already at a young age but have had a few fue's so have been through the motions a good few times

ok thanks i will answer the questions, im just desperate i was even contemplating suicide a couple months back, is that normal for people loosing their hair?

I'm not in the United States I'm in Colombia my doctor was Dr. Luis Pavajeau, i used propecia 3 times a week for 3 months before my hair transplant and then i stopped after my 2nd hair transplant i started taking one a week as the doctor advised. I had strip. I had hair put in my front first and then behind the front not to the crown though.

Guys has anyone heard of this Doctor??

J, imo any ethical doctor shouldnt have worked on you because you are way to young for this, losing your hair at such an early age just means you are going to lose a whole lot more and will never have enough doner hair to cover your whole head. Anyway, like me you have made the mistake of getting this done so there is no point draggin up on the past.

From now on, DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL U TAKE ADVICE from as many people who want to help you on this forum. There are 2 other good forums as well so please register, give your details and ask these people for advice!

I suggest you get on propecia daily, i made the same mistake as you and avoided it for the first 2 years i started this journey and i had to go back every 8-9 months for top ups. It has completly messed me up inside but to the rest of the world i now look like i have a good head of hair, not that i am saying this has made it worthwhile because it hasnt! Secondly you need to start using Rogaine once or even twice a day and please dnt think you have a choice in the above because i dnt think you do anymore but im hoping others will comment as well.

Best case scenario we need to hope what you see now is shock loss (most people get this by the way) and your doc has at least done his job properly but you will only now know after another 3 months. if you dnt start seeing progress then you need to research as much you can and TRUST me even if it does not seem like it today you will find a solution of some sort.

You still need to provide more info such as how many grafts were placed. Anything you can think of regarding your procedure please just put it on here and others will be able to help you more

I dnt really know what else to say at the moment but i will log in again in a few days. Forget these suicide thoughts out your head. many people on these forums believe there will be a cure in the next 2-5 years :-) and even if there isnt doctors are at least improving there repair approaches all the time

By the way, even if your doc has done a good job you will look worse before you look better so please dnt stress if you see a bit more loss. Get on propecia and rogaine asap because they will also speed things up a little

Good luck

the doctor implants 1000-1300 grafts per surgery no biggie, i will start taking propecia although im not comfrotable taking it daily for the rest of my life, my father has had about 4 transplants with this guy and they have gone well for him

I would advise you not to have another surgery anytime soon and to have a consult with an IAHRS surgeon to see where you stand. It’s possible that you’ll regrow the hair that might have been shocked out by the surgery and Propecia might help you maintain and regorw some hair also.

my doctor has me thinking all my upper non transplanted hair will fall out because once follicles are dead you cant do anything.

That’s not necessarily true. Even though you began to lose hair at a young age, many men hold on to what they have for years taking Propecia. After reading your post, I think you really need to give Propecia a fair shot to see how well you respond. I’m surprised your doctor advised you to take it only 1 time per week. I’m also surprised that he performed two surgeries only 6 months a part. There is an IAHRS surgeon in Brazil www.iahrs.org you should contact him and have an online consultation to see where you stand. DO NOT have another surgery for a very long time if ever! You’re shocked out hair can grow back but you need to be on medication.
    One more thing, hair follicles do not die, they shrink and produce smaller hair but at your age they can be revived under the right circumstances with early treatment.

will those 2500 aproximate grats taking off from my back make a big difference? I was going to do another one in a month or so in my front and i would have been done for atleast a decade before i ever have to worry for another one, i want my front to look ok you know

should i do another one for a month and then stop for now? im going to college in the fall and i cant tell you how this hair loss has affected me throughout high school, i wouldnt survive this throughout college

I know that your anxious and desperate, but you have to take a breath and try to listen to reason. We are telling you this for your own good. You should see a reputable hair transplant surgeon for a consultation before you have another surgery from the same doctor. It does not seem like your hair transplant surgeon had your best interest in mind when he performed your two surgeries.