17 year old, need advice asap [pics] - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 17 year old, need advice asap [pics]

So I just went to the dermatologist, we took some blood samples and everything seem'd normal. He later on told me that I have ''temporary thinning'', which I believe is pure bullshit. My entire family background consists of bald men, from both mother and fathers side. Although they've started receding at the age of 30..

Is temporary thinning even a thing? Honestly. I want am considering using atleast Minoxidil, as I can't use finasteride or anything like that yet.

Can you guys give me some tips or advice? I'll post pics below

3 months ago: https://gyazo.com/cc9af73830f5d21b3179223fbf06d88c
    Now: https://gyazo.com/f53afba8784be02c1bef9dab6e6bcab3

Yes, my hair has improved. But it is also due to the fact that I've done my own lineups, to cover up the recession. Also, when I shower my hair at the sides seem to be thinning af.

Please help me out.

Anyone? Bump

so???

Have u considered rogaine or propecia

Yes.. I am considering using atleast Minoxidil, as I can't use finasteride or anything like that yet.

Wait until you're 18 then make a decision based on your rate of hairloss-probably too early to tell if you have MPB right now and starting treatment too early is a risk.

I'd recommend starting on Propecia only (when you turn 18) but be *extremely careful* as you may be unlucky enough to get side-effects. I would advise against Rogaine/minoxidil as it's a very time consuming treatment, is pretty noticeable when it's in your hair (people will assume you have greasy hair and don't shower) and if you decide to discontinue treatment you'll probably have a massive shed.

thanks for actually taking your time to respond. does my hair currently look receding? i dont know how to get a hold of propecia since im 99% sure my doctor wouldnt prescribe it

I have no idea as it's only one photo and your hairloss (if indeed it is MPB) is in early stages-you need to take several pictures a day over the course of 3-6 months and compare them. Are you losing a lot of hair in the shower?

You'll need to get it from an independent pharmacy (usually online, but obviously be very careful about where you get if from as there's plenty of scams and fake medicines out there). But please I'd re-iterate don't be tempted to take it until you're at least 18 and are sure you suffer from MPB. The side effects from Propecia can be terrible if you're part of the <5% that get them so consult your doctor first.

hello again. i havent noticed any loss of hair, although the only thing has concerned me is the thinning temples. although with time, it has improved a bit. if u'd like i can post more pictures from different angles.

I'd like to add that I've spoken with my doctor, we took some blood samples and he told me I shouldn't worry and that it was temporary. But the thing is, if this isn't balding, I'm definitely going to recede in the future. As I mentioned, my family consists of bald men. My brother is currently 25 years of age with what appears to be a NW2.

Sounds like you've got a maturing hairline rather than MPB. Keep an eye on it, take pictures every day and compare over the course of 6 months, but most importantly *do not* take any kind of treatment. You're too young and it sounds like you don't have MPB.