+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by THECOMEBACKKID12345 View Post
    Should I use minox. Can my hairline come back from using minox and will this be a permanent solution. How much does minox cost in america(houston) and will I need a ht later on. Thanks!!!
    Dude stop using this site. It is honestly ****ing useless! Most individuals on here just wants to help themselves and If you're below a Norwood 3 you're essentially shunned by the balding community.

You need a professional opinion more than anything. Even if people tried to help, you can't get the clarification you're looking for on here. Trust me I've come to understand this after making many posts. Just book yourself in with some kind of doctor/derm who can asses your loss and tell you what you need to know.

My hair started thinning at 14. So yes, it can happen at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    What Norwood are u now? Are u bald now

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    How old are u and are u bald now? Like what Norwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    Dude stop using this site. It is honestly ****ing useless! Most individuals on here just wants to help themselves and If you're below a Norwood 3 you're essentially shunned by the balding community.

You need a professional opinion more than anything. Even if people tried to help, you can't get the clarification you're looking for on here. Trust me I've come to understand this after making many posts. Just book yourself in with some kind of doctor/derm who can asses your loss and tell you what you need to know.
    Is there a trusted dermatologist in houston who will prescribe minox. I checked an I found bosley and from my experience they can't be trusted. And yes sadly I've been waiting for a long time for someone to help and I think most people jus don't care

Is there a trusted dermatologist in houston who will prescribe minox. I checked an I found bosley and from my experience they can't be trusted. And yes sadly I've been waiting for a long time for someone to help and I think most people jus don't care
    I don't want to come off harsh but i also want to be straight with you. First your hair isn't bad at all, you are simply going from baby hair to a mature hairline. The fact you are doing so at this early of a age, along with your family history, likely means you will end up a NW 6 or 7. It is highly highly unlikely that minoxidil is going to help much at all but i can't see it hurting if you want to try. Propecia isn't for anyone under 18 and it also works bestfor those who have hair with more resistance to dht. Honestly this is likely something you are just going to have to come to terms with, just like if you love sports and aren't athletic. You lost on the hair lottery. But don't let that dominate your life. When your hair starts to get worse shave it, and move on concentrating on things you can control, like what shape you are in or your finances.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    I don't want to come off harsh but i also want to be straight with you. First your hair isn't bad at all, you are simply going from baby hair to a mature hairline. The fact you are doing so at this early of a age, along with your family history, likely means you will end up a NW 6 or 7. It is highly highly unlikely that minoxidil is going to help much at all but i can't see it hurting if you want to try. Propecia isn't for anyone under 18 and it also works bestfor those who have hair with more resistance to dht. Honestly this is likely something you are just going to have to come to terms with, just like if you love sports and aren't athletic. You lost on the hair lottery. But don't let that dominate your life. When your hair starts to get worse shave it, and move on concentrating on things you can control, like what shape you are in or your finances.
    My da has a full head of hair and he's somewhere in he mid 40s but I think I got my hair from my mothers side. Ur right actually tht I shouldn't worry too much and ur right I don't really do but still it still hurts losing hair at 1let's be honest here. I would just like to know if minox will give me a boost for like 8 or 10 years then I can get a ht or if I don't care at all at tht age I'll jus buzz it. I just want to know if tht is possible

Hey bud I understand where you're coming from, my hair started receding at 17 and it's been hard to come to terms with but it's just something you have to do. As for minoxidil, my advice is to not take it right now. You have an excellent head of hair at the moment and if you start it now you'll just spend a lot of money buying it because once you start you cant stop. so you'll have to just keep buying it for years and years when you don't even need it at this point in time. Wait till you see a little more signs of balding is what I say. Also, don't expect minoxidil to be your savior. It's not some magic potion that will make your hair last for 10 years. Also keep in mind, propecia is also something you can try down the line, there are a lot of horror stories about it out there but the vast majority of people that try it have no side effects.
    Can you post some pictures of your crown and temples?

I will try to post picks ASAP but I think my crown has started to thin not really noticeable but I can feel it and my right temple has gone back I think. I'll try to post pics in next couple of days then u guys can judge!
    Regards!!!

In my case I'm 15 receding and thinning since 13 it's really bad and my dad just says to accept but he doesn't know since he has fullness of hair. I want to wait till like 17 to start using minoxidil since I'll be older but I'm scared tht it will be too late then considering the speed my hair is falling. I'd really appreciate professional opinion as well as personal experiences. And if I want to attach a pic pls tell me how to do so thanks!
    Your dad has good hair genes. So, even if you are going bald, it probably isn't that agressive.

Both my parents went bald from androgen alopecia. That said, I still am in the Norwood 3/4 zone, and I'm almost FIFTY. Thanks
    to medication, I was able to keep a lot of it.