+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my story

Default my story

i've thought about baldness for a long time. Most of the males in my immediate and extended family are bald and so it was always on my mind. As young as 13–14 years of age I was tormented by others because even at that age I had a high hairline. After high school the hair loss began. It truly destroyed my confidence in those pivotal years where one enters the adult world. in the early stages I pushed my hair forward to hide the balding. After that I resorted to wearing hats at all times. if I thought I could pull off the shaved head look I would've done it a long time ago but alas I am not one of the fortunate ones who can pull that look off.

my love life has suffered of course. at nearly 38 years of age I have never been in a long-term relationship. Although I have been able to be with women occasionally. i've had women who were initially interested in me do an about-face when they see what is underneath my hat or the lack there of. Not that I should waste my time with such superficial people, but that has had a lasting impact on my self-esteem. i'm sure there are plenty of Women for home baldness is not a big deal- without confidence it doesn't matter.

I have quit jobs for the mere fact that I was not allowed to wear a hat while at work.

all this to say I am going forward with the transplant. I'm cautiously optimistic because I do have reasonably thick hair on the sides and back. A good donor area. I do not intend to shave my head regardless so I am not really worried about scarring.

i've had 20 years of pining , I feel as though I was robbed of my youth from an early age.