Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laxboy1
    • Jul 2017

19 and starting to notice hair loss

Hi guys, I really need help from people who have experienced my situation. I am 19 years old and just starting noticing my hairline receding or maturing. I am not quite sure which of the two it is. I used to have really long hair throughout high school, and my first year of college. I play college lacrosse and wear a helmet in hot heat sometimes. I started to notice my hair falling out in the shower when I had extremely long flow. I went about my life for about 8 months when I decided to cut it off and go short to prevent my hair loss. All my friends and family tell me that I am fine and that I am just overreacting. What's crazy to me is that I have NO family history of hair loss. After cutting my hair AGAIN about 2 weeks ago, I'm still noticing hairs being lost in the shower and when i comb or brush it or even run my fingers through it. I don't use any product in my hair when i go about my day. My doctor recommended minoxidil 5% men but i read the side effects and decided not to go through with it especially since it's basically a lifetime prescription. I'm running out of option and I don't know what to do. I'm starting to feel a bit of thinning on the top of my head and small little baby hairs throughout my hairline. I want to save my hair before it gets worse in the future, can anybody help me with some advice please!?
    Attached Files
Working...