+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The low-down on PRP (3 month update)

I recently had a consultation with Dr. Greco and I've decided to give PRP a try. I know positive testimony from the treatment has been scarce, but I'm going to give it a go and share my results with you all. I've had recent miniaturization and I think I would be a pretty good candidate for it. I'm planning to schedule for the beginning of June. I hope it produces the results that everyone is expecting.

I'll be posting pics of my current state in a couple of days and I'll be updating you all every month. Some pics of my head are already on this forum. you can probably find them by looking at some of my prior posts.

Hopefully people who've had the treatment will start sharing their experience, that way we could all get a good understanding of what to expect, as far as results.

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by level; 09-08-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: I'm about to do an update on my status since having prp done and I want to focus on the UPDATE part

Good luck! It will be interesting to see your pre- and post-treatment photos.

Thank you!

level, that's great. When are you seeing him? I live in Orlando, and am very interested in seeing him about PRP too.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks [mcr]! I'm hoping to schedule an appointment for the beginning of June. I'll definitely keep you all posted.

I had PRP done in September 2009. At first I thought it did nothing, but now that the 6-8 month period is wearing off, I'm noticing more and more hair shedding. Looking back, I think PRP reduced my hair loss by about 50-60%.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    I had PRP done in September 2009. At first I thought it did nothing, but now that the 6-8 month period is wearing off, I'm noticing more and more hair shedding. Looking back, I think PRP reduced my hair loss by about 50-60%.
    Which Dr. did you use?

I finally made the move and had my first PRP treatment done yesterday with Dr. Greco. I initially had an email exchange with Dr. Greco where he asked me for pics of my hair wet and dry. After looking at my pics, he said I was a good candidate for PRP. So I made an appointment!

Overall the experience was not bad. I got to Dr. Greco's office at 3:30 pm and was greeted by his friendly staff. They had me sign some forms and called me in to draw my blood. Once my blood was drawn, Dr. Greco came in and introduced himself and then he asked for me to go to his office, while they processed my blood. He did an amazing job of explaining everything having to do with PRP, which was way more informative than any information I have found on the web.

After chatting with Dr. Greco for about 25 min, the assistant came in and told the Dr. that my blood had been processed. We talked for another 20 min and then went to another room where they do the procedure. At first he rubbed some type of anesthetic all over the top of my head. After it had settled in, he used a pointy roller to stimulate my scalp. After about 1 min of rolling, he applied the solution through injection onto my scalp at about every 1-2 inches, which took about 2 min. And that's it!

Today the top of my head feels a little sore. He forewarned me about this and said I could take tylenol, but I don't think it's necessary-the pain is bearable.

Like I told the doc, my expectations are modest. I don't expect to regain all my hair or nothing like that. I'd be satisfied if my hair just stopped falling out. If the miniaturized hairs get thicker and I regrow some hair, Bravo! But I'm not counting on it-hopefully I'm wrong!

I can confidently say that Dr. Greco is a serious man who doesn't fool around. He didn't try to sell me on anything else and he didn't try to convince me on an HT. In fact, we didn't even talk about HT's until I brought up that I had heard he had several HT's done. He showed me his before and after pics and he had me basically stick my face in his hair and I could not tell one bit. Maybe I don't have a trained eye for that kind of stuff, but I have detected some pretty bad transplants on random people and his was completely undetectable.

Attached are some pics of my hair wet and dry. These pics were taken prior to my treatment. I was going to take new pics in order to show you guys what the treatment looks like, but it would be pointless since I can't see/find the scabs where the injections were applied. I will try to share my monthly progress with you all. I have my fingers crossed. Hopefully this will work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg

Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5065   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg

Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	5066   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg

Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	5067  

Here are some more...These were all taken from my phone. I will try to take some with my digital camera in a couple of days. I'll keep you all posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(5).jpg

Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	5070   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg

Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	5071   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg

Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	5072  

I am thinking of trying this out as well. I live in the Tampa area so not too far to travel.