+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

not sure what you meant by stress related who mentioned it may work for this as i thought stress just accellerates mpb, do you think if you lose hair to stress it can help using prp?[/QUOTE]

Honestly man, PRP does nothing for hair loss. Hair loss due to stress causes your hair to fall out in patches, not the typical pattern that most males/females experience. I heard that these type of cases might benefit from PRP. But again, there's no concrete evidence to support this claim so if I were you, I wouldn't bother at all with PRP. Hair loss is what it is. We are all going to have to deal with it until something viable hits the market. Don't waste your money on something that hasn't been proven. If it worked (even with acell), this site would be flooded with evidence, and as you can tell, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    level I'm sorry you did this. I wish somebody on here would have talked you out of it. I don't think that happens enough.
    NHA,

Thanks man. It is what it is. I guess I took one for the team. I was probably the first member to fully document the PRP experience. Hopefully I saved people time and money by putting myself out there. The good news is that PRP is not invasive at all, so I have no residual effects/scars from it.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Level was Acell used along with your treatments?

Im sorry if this has already been addressed here. My time is limited so I cant read everything. . I know someone who had had 2 PRP treatments done WITH the addition of Acell . Last I heard it was promising. Its been many months since then, I will have to ask him for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Im sorry if this has already been addressed here. My time is limited so I cant read everything. . I know someone who had had 2 PRP treatments done WITH the addition of Acell . Last I heard it was promising. Its been many months since then, I will have to ask him for the update.
    ok! Please do!

Yep please do artista i think we would all be intrested!

Default OK here it is

I recently spoke with that friend of mine. He had also sent me all the before and after photos regarding his 2nd PRP treatment with Acell.
    I have to say that I DO see a difference. Id guess that he has currently been at a Norwood4 loss. The spot in the back of his head prior to the treatment was pronounced. Many months later you can see a huge difference. Although he still has the spot, it is much less pronounced . His doc also stated that he sees a good change in the overall hair quality and volume. Acell is an amazing creation ..Thank God for people like the late Prof Alan R. Spievack

Wink

I recently spoke with that friend of mine. He had also sent me all the before and after photos regarding his 2nd PRP treatment with Acell.
    I have to say that I DO see a difference. Id guess that he has currently been at a Norwood4 loss. The spot in the back of his head prior to the treatment was pronounced. Many months later you can see a huge difference. Although he still has the spot, it is much less pronounced . His doc also stated that he sees a good change in the overall hair quality and volume. Acell is an amazing creation ..Thank God for people like the late Prof Alan R. Spievack
    Thanks for the response Artista glad to hear your friend is doing well with the acell/prp what doc did the treatments on him?

Is it possible to get any pics up? did it work well for his hairline?

I would like to know more as would level and others on here

Default Slickster, your welcomed ..

He has been treated by Dr Cooley. I'm certain that i will go for consultation for the same type of Acell/PRP treatment at Dr Cooley's clinic as well. He is a well qualified doctor to begin with. I don't think that they had focused at his hairline but primarily at the crown, which is where most of his hair loss is at. As far as the photos are concerned, I'm sorry but he sent them to me in confidence. I cant post any out of respect. He does comes on here at TBT forum sparingly . Ill ask if he would add to this thread and offer examples.

He has been treated by Dr Cooley. I'm certain that i will go for consultation for the same type of Acell/PRP treatment at Dr Cooley's clinic as well. He is a well qualified doctor to begin with. I don't think that they had focused at his hairline but primarily at the crown, which is where most of his hair loss is at. As far as the photos are concerned, I'm sorry but he sent them to me in confidence. I cant post any out of respect. He does comes on here at TBT forum sparingly . Ill ask if he would add to this thread and offer examples.
    That would be great there is such a lack of photos to be honest but maybe dr cooley has the correct way of adminastering this acell/prp...do you know how much he charged your friend? I do hear very good things about dr cooley to be honest!

I think he told me it was approx $1,200. And yes,,there is never enough photos posted by regular people here. Try to be at Spencer's live show today. Ill be there .