+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing and posting pictures level! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Thanks for sharing and posting pictures level! Please keep us posted on your progress.
    No Prob! Will do!

Default Woah!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to provide you all with an update sooner, but here it is...

As most of you know, I had PRP done with Dr. Greco about 3 months ago. With school and work I haven't had the time to document my "progress," as often as I would have liked. To be quite honest, I haven't been motivated to do so because I haven't seen a difference in my hair. Look at the pictures and you be the judge. I know the treatment is suppose to peak at 4 months (a month from now), but my hair, I feel, has gotten worse.

I don't want to discourage anyone from trying the treatment. I might be one of those people who don't respond well to PRP. However, I want to be honest with MY experience: At the 2 month mark I felt that, although my hair loss was advancing, the existing hairs were getting thicker, minus the miniaturized hairs. But now, at the 3 month mark, I'm noticing that I have less hair (Look at the before pics and compare them to the current photos and let me know what you think). I'm hoping that the treatment will strengthen my hair throughout the next couple of months, but from the looks of it, it's highly unlikely.

I'm really hoping-like I'm sure you all are- that a real treatment for hair loss comes out soon. The more my hair loss advances, the worse I feel. I never thought that hair loss could affect me this much. I don't want to get all emo on you all, I just want the guys/girls who are really struggling with their hair loss to know that I know how it feels and that I agree it sucks. I have other great qualities which I'm blessed to have, but hair is hair; It's the main decorative feature that our body has. Histogen, please hurry up! Ha!

Following this post, I'll add some additional pics (the files are too big to include them all in one post, I think).

I know that info on PRP has been lacking, so feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to update you all again in the next couple of months.

-Level
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).jpg

Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	6439   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(4).jpg

Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	6440  

more pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(6).jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	6441   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(7).jpg

Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	6442  

Level please fill me in. What exactly is PRP as compared to a hair transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Level please fill me in. What exactly is PRP as compared to a hair transplant?
    dgman, as far as the procedure, I describe it on this same thread. Go back a bit and you'll see it. As far as what to expect, PRP is suppose to stimulate your existing hair. Theoretically its suppose increase the diameter of your hair and stimulate hairs that are beginning to miniaturize.This is achieved by combining your platelets (extracted from your blood) and a patented solution that Dr. Greco has referred to as a "growth factor"(protein matrix, I believe it's called) and then it gets injected onto your scalp. I honestly haven't experienced any of the benefits that the treatment claims to produce. But some people say it has worked for them, although evidence is scarce.

Hi level any updates on your case?

Be nice to know as followed your posts

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Hi level any updates on your case?

Be nice to know as followed your posts
    He Slickster,

No updates. I did the treatment and a year later had less hair. I don't blame the continued hair loss on the treatment; I suspect that PRP did nothing and my hair continued to fall according to my biological predisposition. The buzz on PRP has completely died down. It's been 2 years since my visit to Dr. Greco and three + years since the treatment was introduced. Considering the lack of evidence, I think it's safe to say that PRP, in its current form, is not a viable treatment for MPB. Maybe it can be beneficial to those who suffer from stress related alopecia, but it's ineffective for regular MPB. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    He Slickster,

No updates. I did the treatment and a year later had less hair. I don't blame the continued hair loss on the treatment; I suspect that PRP did nothing and my hair continued to fall according to my biological predisposition. The buzz on PRP has completely died down. It's been 2 years since my visit to Dr. Greco and three + years since the treatment was introduced. Considering the lack of evidence, I think it's safe to say that PRP, in its current form, is not a viable treatment for MPB. Maybe it can be beneficial to those who suffer from stress related alopecia, but it's ineffective for regular MPB. Good luck!
    Thanks level for your update dude shame you havnt noticed anything and i know its been 3 years and no great evidence, not sure yet if the acell helps with the prp or whether its just crap..not sure what you meant by stress related who mentioned it may work for this as i thought stress just accellerates mpb, do you think if you lose hair to stress it can help using prp?

level I'm sorry you did this. I wish somebody on here would have talked you out of it. I don't think that happens enough.