Cmon guys, PLEASE give me some advice - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Cmon guys, PLEASE give me some advice

Long story short, I had really aggressive male pattern baldness, I started losing a ton of hair at age 16. I immediately got a prescription and began taking 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil. About a year and a half after that, I had a PRP session done and got a custom prescription of minoxidil 10% with 0.2 finasteride, on top of the 1mg pill I was taking. A year after that I hit a boom, and this last year, I feel like i'm starting to thin again, but have no idea where to go from here. Should I add dutasteride to my regiment? I heard adding 1-2 0.5mg pills per week of dutasteride on top of daily finasteride works. Or should I try PRP again? What about RU? PRP is very expensive, and i'm not sure which doctor to do it with, if I do it. Any thoughts? Any advice appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	right temple.jpg

Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	53039   Click image for larger version

Name:	left temple.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	53040   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown area.jpg

Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	53041  

Forget about PRP, it's worthless. People have been tinkering with it for years with nothing to show for it other than wasted time and money. We'd all know if it was worth bothering with by now. Dutasteride is your only option left if you're already using finasteride without satisfying results. Not guaranteed to help but it does for some. Might as well go for it now, time is of the essence.

I have heard the prp is good for thickening hair, but won't help on actual bald areas.

Hey evolution,
    May be you are just imagining things.I understand this bexuase one day i am full of hair and other day i feel like its thinning,may be due to lighting or oiliness in hair.By the way u started taking finasterde at a very young age.Did it hinder your beard growth??

Imagining things? What? Also no, I have very thick beard hair.

Ohh..then brother u can start with dut 3 times a wrek along with your current fin regiment.By beard i meant that did you have the same thick beard before fin or it has matured while on fin?

If you're gonna add dutasteride (or any treatment), its best to do it slowly, especially if you're thinking of discontinuing finasteride. If you're going to, its best to just take dutasteride twice per week for a month and go up from there. Too much might cause some loss to occur, which should grow back. There's a slight increase in side effects from dutasteride from the already small number of side effects from finasteride, so that's a consideration. I've never had any side effects from either, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonyx262 View Post
    If you're gonna add dutasteride (or any treatment), its best to do it slowly, especially if you're thinking of discontinuing finasteride. If you're going to, its best to just take dutasteride twice per week for a month and go up from there. Too much might cause some loss to occur, which should grow back. There's a slight increase in side effects from dutasteride from the already small number of side effects from finasteride, so that's a consideration. I've never had any side effects from either, however.
    Do you use both finasteride and dutasteride? I've had zero sides from the finasteride. No, I was going to use the dutasteride with the finasteride. I will never discontinue fin.

It's better to ask Doctor or a Surgeon before taking any medicine or moving towards another treatment because sometimes a problem may be detected later but have complete solution. So, kindly take this advice for your betterment.

Your hair looks nice and thick to me, I don't think you need to be overdoing it with PRP and things, looks like propecia should be fine, IMO (and my opinion only).

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you grow your hair long for religious reasons? Because a neat haircut can really make a difference to how your hair looks and how you feel.