Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoenixking555
    • Jul 2017

Am I losing my hair?

So I'm 24 and am paranoid I might be losing my hair. I have attached some photos of what it is like today. I have always had really thin hair and it tends to go blonder towards the back of my head due to the sun making it look less dense. I haven't notice a change in a couple of years to my knowledge but I don't know what it is that is making me worry. If anyone could give me their opinion i'd be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am currently taking antibiotics to treat acne and irritation of my scalp. Is it possible for hair to be lost because of the irritation?
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

Crown looks to be thinning, a bit. What does the hairline look like?

Comment

• phoenixking555
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by BaldBearded
      Crown looks to be thinning, a bit. What does the hairline look like?
      I have been checking my hairline since I was 18 thanks to a conveniently placed freckle right in the corner of my hair. This hasn't altered in six years to my knowledge and if it has its not noticeable. I had purchased minoxidil and finasteride for the crown of my head but all the forum posts regarding shedding and making hair look much worse has really put me off starting them. I don't appear to have an aggressive form of mpb so I don't want the medication to make my hair considerably worse before it's time. I think I just have to accept the fact I am no longer a teenager and embrace a more "mature" hairstyle. I will finish the course of antibiotics and assess how the reduced irritation affects my hair if at all and monitor any hair loss over the next few months. I just wish I had some older pictures to compare it to so I can be reassured that the medication is necessary because it feels like a huge risk in trying them out.

Comment

Working...