+ Reply to Thread

Default 26 / receding / balding - ready for the big 3.

Hello all,

I'm 26 and have been receding for around 3 years and it wasn't until the last 12 months where it really kicked into overdrive.. i've lost a lot of hair in a short amount of time.
    It wasn't until last month that i started thinning on top also.

I've been lurking on these forums for some time now and decided to finally chime in and try to get some feedback from everyone.

I've read a lot about Finasteride and its been mixed reviews.. i've seen people who have had a terrible time and people who have responded really well to it but not really anyone who has had a similar case to mine as of yet. (Slow recession for x amount of years then aggressive recessions / thinning)

Anyway - I guess I'm just feeling a bit anxious about starting the big 3 because my hair is at the point where I can't even style it anymore because it is so thin on top.
    I'm quite scared for the 'shed' phase, does anyone know how aggressive this can be and how light it can be?

If it gets so bad i am considering shaving it down to a 1 or 0 during the shedding phase, having said that I attend gym regularly and my diet is pretty decent.
    Have a pretty girlfriend who says she wouldn't care if i shaved it off. Oh and i recently got braces which I'll be sporting for 12-18 months (Double whammy i know)

Also if anyone knows of anyone in a similar situation to mine i.e same age / same regression etc etc please point me in their direction.

I'll get some pictures together from the past year or so to show you guys my problem. (Soon)

My finasteride arrived today - I've only got a months worth to see if i react to sides harshly or not. I think i'll wait until the Minoxidil arrives and then maybe start then.

May use this as a blog to keep track of my progress too.

Any feedback is welcomed

Thanks!

Default Update with pictures

As promised; my hair progressively from last year to this date.

Most of them are from last year where my hair was still thick and recession wasn't terribly bad.

I could wear my hair out and styled it as you see. (These days i 9/10 times wear a hat out)

The first 9 pictures run from june till january, as i said its only been the past 7-8 months its really kicked into overdrive and its at the point i can't even style my hair because you can see right through it.

Do i start the big 3 immediately?
    Is there hope for me?

The wet pictures don't even do it justice its worse then it looks.
    I really think the shedding will take me right down to the scalp.. should i shave it?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	june 2016.jpg

Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	52957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7874.jpg

Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	52959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7879.jpg

Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	52963   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7871.jpg

Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	52958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7875.jpg

Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	52961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7873.jpg

Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	52960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7876.jpg

Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	52962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7880.jpg

Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	52965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7882.jpg

Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	52964   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7887.jpg

Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	52968  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7886.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	52967   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7885.jpg

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	52966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7892.jpg

Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	52970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7890.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	52969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7894.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	52971  

Quote Originally Posted by rubiks View Post
    As promised; my hair progressively from last year to this date.

Most of them are from last year where my hair was still thick and recession wasn't terribly bad.

I could wear my hair out and styled it as you see. (These days i 9/10 times wear a hat out)

The first 9 pictures run from june till january, as i said its only been the past 7-8 months its really kicked into overdrive and its at the point i can't even style my hair because you can see right through it.

Do i start the big 3 immediately?
    Is there hope for me?

The wet pictures don't even do it justice its worse then it looks.
    I really think the shedding will take me right down to the scalp.. should i shave it?

Thanks.
    If you shave it... you will NEVER have to worry about your hair... again!

Doctor Representative

See a dermatologist but yes if you want to stop thinning then start with those medications as soon as you're able- they usually take a few months to really kick in so it's better to start sooner rather than later. Might as well try, and if they don't get the results you want there's always the option of shaving it. The shed phase is different for everyone- some people may only have mild shedding for a month or two, others get severe shedding for several months, but most fall somewhere in between. Just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best there.

For what it's worth at your hair's current state, I think it looks fine and you don't need to worry about shaving just yet. It probably just seems worse to you because it's not what you're used to. Good luck!
    Last edited by Kyle Kneeland; 07-13-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    I am a representative for Dr. Sean Behnam in Los Angeles, CA.
    My opinions are my own.

Hop on the big 3 and maintain for as long as possible buddy! If you can maintain for another 5-10 years they'll likely be another hair loss solution out there by this point. If you get on finasteride now you'll likely maintain your hair for at least another 5-10 years and that's the minimum.. who knows how long you could continue taking the drug for.

Your pictures do not look bad at all Rubiks. However, as the other members have stated, definitely jump on the big 3 before considering a surgical solution. See how you react to finasteride. Everyone responds differently, but as Jackito said, if you don't incur any major sides, fin will maintain your hair for another 5 to 10 years. If you do decide to have a procedure make sure you do thorough due diligence in choosing the clinic and respective surgeon. Having 4 unsuccessful procedures myself, before having a successful one with Dr. Umar, I have seen the monetized face of this industry which prioritizes making money at the expense of ethics, honesty, and good results.

Good luck to you buddy.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.

How do I post my own thread? I forgot...

Thanks for the messages all,

I think i'm going to start on the big 3 next week and have a doctors appointment the following.
    I want to have the doc recommend to put me in touch with a dermatologist if possible.

I think it's gonna play on my mind a bit if i do begin the big 3, any tips for trying to stay positive during the inevitable shed?

What is the percentage of people the side effects drastically hit, the people who have mild symptons and those unaffected by the drug? If anyone has that info it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Wake up people there is no big 3, Nizoral never made your hair regrow, minox barely does anything good and make a lot of people actually worse and fina works at the expense of your health even if you don't have noticeable side effects. People here just tell everyone else to take all this stuff like it's nothing while completely ignoring basic common sense advice like making sure you sleep enough, get all the nutrients you need to be healthy and avoid alcool and drugs. It's not merely a genetic fatality and pills and lotions won't make up for modern self destructive life habits...

I totally agree with Louish. There are PLENTY of natural options to choose from before going all in on meds that most of the time has so many side effects that it barely worth it. Let's be honest here, what do you think 5-10 years of meds will do to your liver/body? Nothing good! and for what? Maybe keep your hair?

There are plenty of useful guides online with techniques you could try before you jump to meds. Take a look at this one, you might find something decent - https://www.groomingadepts.com/how-t...air-naturally/