+ Reply to Thread

Default Long fight ahead

Yep I'm balding. 19 and showing signs of aggressive MPB.. to be honest I can't believe it, nor can I accept it. I feel completely and utterly destroyed by this one small minority of life. I never once worried about hair loss and never thought I would.. my dad and both grandfather's all have solid hairlines with thick hair and I've inherited the gene from my great grandfather on my grandmother's side who had one of the worst cases of balding I've ever seen in my life! I honestly don't know what to do, I can no longer live the life I was living, intended on living. I would go out every weekend clubbing with friends and be successful with lots of women and now that is all gone because of some ****ing protein that grows out of my head! How can someone be so unlucky? All my male relatives are free of MPB yet I've inherited it from someone who died almost 50 years ago? I wouldn't mind but I have friends with bald fathers who show absolutely no signs of balding? How the **** does this work.. the one with no balding family members goes bald.. yeah **** life!

Jackito,

I know we have briefly interacted on a different thread, but now that you share this story I have a lot of understanding and empathy for you because I have been in your shoes. I mentioned to you I started losing hair at 17, and it really in a way compromised and ruined my youth (now 32). However, if it makes any difference, and if you could take any solace with what I am about to tell you I will be happy I could help in some way. Even though you are 19, and this feels like a fight that you are not able to win, it is far from the truth. The option of the big 3, and eventual surgery with a reputable and honest surgeon will enable you to win this fight. I had 5 surgeries all together. Got butchered, manipulated, and misled during the first 4, and lost most of my donor hair. Became a NW6 who didn't respond well to fin, and pretty much threw in the towel before researching and finding Dr. Umar. I am about to have my second and final procedure with him in October to complete my journey and I feel he saved my life.

If you need to vent or need someone to talk to message me anytime my friend.

Keep the hope, and best of luck.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.

I started balding at 16.....considered suicide for nearly a year and couldn't stop thinking about it. I turned 20 just 3 days ago.....imagine this crap hitting you 3 years earlier than it is....

Get on finasteride and minoxidil, give it 8 months to a year for results. Best of luck.

We've all had that feeling. It doesn't get any easier I wouldn't imagine no matter what age it starts. It hit me at 24, right as I just got a new girlfriend, started a new a job, and as a result of both those things, had to meet a lot of new people. I too was crippled by it, but pushed through.

I'm now 27 and have left it mostly untreated for the majority of that time.
    I still have the same girlfriend and I've been promoted 3 times.
    Life doesn't end here.

I will say this though, I've seen your pictures and you're in the very early stages of this. You have time to lose.

A new treatment will be out before you turn 25 (probably not a cure, but hopefully a decent treatment that rivals or betters fin) your hairloss could be very slow, maybe not even progress any further for a very long time.
    Your game plan could just be what I'm doing, if youre not interested in the big 3, hair fibres all the way and hope for a new treatment.
    It'll buy you a lot of time.

Or, as the old solid advice always goes, if you're open to it, just hop on the big 3 and see what happens.

Either way, it will be a long fight yes, but don't give up just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairhope4ever View Post
    Jackito,

I know we have briefly interacted on a different thread, but now that you share this story I have a lot of understanding and empathy for you because I have been in your shoes. I mentioned to you I started losing hair at 17, and it really in a way compromised and ruined my youth (now 32). However, if it makes any difference, and if you could take any solace with what I am about to tell you I will be happy I could help in some way. Even though you are 19, and this feels like a fight that you are not able to win, it is far from the truth. The option of the big 3, and eventual surgery with a reputable and honest surgeon will enable you to win this fight. I had 5 surgeries all together. Got butchered, manipulated, and misled during the first 4, and lost most of my donor hair. Became a NW6 who didn't respond well to fin, and pretty much threw in the towel before researching and finding Dr. Umar. I am about to have my second and final procedure with him in October to complete my journey and I feel he saved my life.

If you need to vent or need someone to talk to message me anytime my friend.

Keep the hope, and best of luck.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
    Thank you for that reply! It's very reassuring to know that it's capable of beating hair loss especially considering you were destined to be a Norwood 6 (same as me). The most difficult thing about this horrible condition is the mental health problems it brings along with it. Beating hair loss isn't the hardest part it's the anxiety and depression that completely alters your mind set. You feel as though everything is a lost cause and no matter what you do, the inevitable will soon get you. The worst of all, it ruins your confidence and self esteem. Never before have I felt uncomfortable in my own body, I was always very confident and guilty of being quite arrogant to be honest. I do intend on doing everything I can to battle it out with MPB. At no point am I going to throw in the towel.. certainly not while there's plenty of options and maybe even potential one's in the future. Whether it's following the same path you did getting multiple procedures done and taking the big 3 then I am willing to do this because life isn't the same without hair.. it sounds so stupid and pathetic but it's the sad truth. Though I do have many questions I wish to ask you, Is there any way I could contact you?

I feel you brother.this hair loss thing sucksss.i dont know why the fuvk science has not till now come up with a cure.But my friend go with fin minox and may be even dut.It will surely help you.