+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I balding?

Really don't think you are balding. If you are, you're very far from a Norwood one.

It's not abnormal to have less dense areas on the hairline.

During puberty, our bodies pump out MORE DHT than average.

You might be balding. Chances are though, it's much slower than the average guy. Your hairline is in decent shape.

Your vertex is in very good shape.

thanks k9gatton, hearing that from a senior member is really comforting. I'll keep everyone updated if anything changes. Who knows, chances are that it will as my grandfather on my mother's side was balding before he passed away at a decently young age (45).

I just want to also let every know that I have the utmost respect for this community, for those on this forum and those that are not. These past few months I've felt so much emotional distress from this. I might even continue to do so wondering whether or not, "did it get worse???"

Some of you may feel like I dont have the right to rant but I genuinely do feel sympathy for those and maybe even empathy at this point. I've never been one to judge someone who was balding or bald but I think right now there's a depth of understanding I have for anyone that does. And in that, I think I'll be able to find solace when my time comes.

By the way, I'm 22. My balls have been at my knees for quite a few years already, so I've been done with puberty.....

Until next time guys.

Cheers

As of now i think, you do not need to worry about your hairloss, At this stage hair will easily last 2 more decades considering their density. And at that time you will have alot of options. for now do not worry about it and i have good piece of advice for you " ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY "

It does not look to me like your hairline is receding at all. If anything, there could be a chance of diffuse thinning on the mid-frontal portion of your scalp, but not much. To better gauge whether or not you are thinning, grow your hair out mid length and see what it looks like when you comb it back. Does lighting peek through the top? If so, by a lot?

If you are more than 80% confident that your hair is thinning, talk with a local dermatologist in your area to discuss a possible prescription to Propecia (Finasteride).

Hi Reformed,

I personally do not think you are suffering hair loss. It seems that you may have something like a cow lick in your hairline?

Your hair looks strong and dense throughout. My only advice is for you to be vigilant, and consult with a dermatologist as well. Most importantly, learn from my mistake and do not jump into a hair transplant at a young age and out of impulse. If you do decide to proceed with an eventual procedure, do your due diligence on both the clinic and the doctor himself.

Good luck my friend.
    Last edited by Winston; 08-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.