+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I balding?

Default Am I balding?

Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you can give your two cents. 22 years old. I recently over the past 16 months decided to grow my hair and donate it. (Donated about a month ago!)

Towards the end of those 16 months I noticed that the hair on my left side was thinning, at the temple, exactly where I've parted my hair. This is where I even part my hair when I had short/medium hair. I think I can recall that this side of my had had always been a little thinner than the right. But I can't remember if it has been to this extent.

My hair line has always been messed up and hard to work with: I have a widows peak and a cowlick on the right side. But idk I feel like the fact that I'm on this forum and thinking about this stuff makes me think I'm going bald.

Recently had a buzz cut after donating my hair because I never put it in a pony tail and it was always in my face and I just wanted to be low maintence for a while. I took a guard 2 all around and this is the result. The temples on both sides are looking sparse but the middle is fine. I do think it's male patterned baldness because the left temple just seems too rounded. And the right is sparse too. I've lost a lot of sleeping looking at pictures on google images and comparing it to mine. Getting up at random hours at night to look at my hairline again in the mirror one more time.

I understand that if I'm balding it's at the very early stages, but is this how it starts for everyone? And if so, much faster will it get from here on? Noticed this about march and haven't seen any changes since. Thanks for reviewing guys and look forward to what any of you have to say.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bMzOX

I wish I had some responses to my pictures. I truly can't stop thinking whether or not I show signs of MPB and will develop a receding hairline in the near future (next 10 years). I know I might not have the most severe problem on the forum but I still truly am worried. I come here genuinely.

Uploaded some more pictures under natural lighting if it will help any of you.

Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/wNdm2

https://imgur.com/a/bMzOX

https://imgur.com/a/wNdm2

In case both links don't work anymore. Really wondering about your opinion guys:/

It looks like your hairline is maturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmondzai02 View Post
    It looks like your hairline is maturing.
    Does that mean I don't even have a mature hairline right now? But by the shape of the maturing... could I just go straight into MPB?

If you have genetics that allows that. It's normal to have a mature hairline, go look at hairlines of a child, you can see that they are relatively straight and low, and look at the hairline of a non balding male, they are usually higher.

my hair has always grown so funky from the cowlick and my mom said I had an obsessive amount of juvenile hairs for a really long time. For longer than my older brother but his hairline looks more clear and defined than mines right now.

I'm just very concerned of the shape my temples are taking if they are "maturing". I don't if their shapes is typical of a mature hairline

The corners would rise slightly, to form a wider hairline.

bump... any other thoughts ?