+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    231

    Default ED drugs and hair growth

    Just curious to know if people here using ED drugs have noticed some hair growth from it? I haven't tried myself but there is evidence that it would help to some degree.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Just curious to know if people here using ED drugs have noticed some hair growth from it? I haven't tried myself but there is evidence that it would help to some degree.
    What's an ED drug?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    What's an ED drug?
    "Erectile Dysfonction" Viagra, Cialis, Levitra...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    turkey
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Where is the evidence?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I've used cialis every now and then for a couple of years now. I can't say it ever did anything for my hair, although I wasn't taking it daily.
    Never seen anything to suggest it would help.

    For the record, I don't suffer from ed, I was just taking them for nights out where alcohol might hinder erection quality. Disclaimer: don't do that, apparently it's not good for the heart to mix these drugs with alcohol.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Notgivingup2 View Post
    I've used cialis every now and then for a couple of years now. I can't say it ever did anything for my hair, although I wasn't taking it daily.
    Never seen anything to suggest it would help.

    For the record, I don't suffer from ed, I was just taking them for nights out where alcohol might hinder erection quality. Disclaimer: don't do that, apparently it's not good for the heart to mix these drugs with alcohol.
    High blood pressure and MPB are linked, those drugs lower blood pressure, so does minoxidil...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    231

    Default

    So? Anyone has another input good or bad?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11

    Default

    neutral - no effect

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    84

    Default

    There shouldn't be an effect either way. They only affect vasodilation and are not hormonal. I guess in theory they could help if it improved perfusion to the hair follicle, but I would think you'd have to take a lot systemically to the point of tanking your blood pressure to affect this

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aonyx262 View Post
    There shouldn't be an effect either way. They only affect vasodilation and are not hormonal. I guess in theory they could help if it improved perfusion to the hair follicle, but I would think you'd have to take a lot systemically to the point of tanking your blood pressure to affect this
    ED drugs do lower blood pressure to some extend as this is what they were intended to do at first. The effect of minoxidil is mainly to lower blood pressure as well and was designed for that at first as well.

Similar Threads

  1. 10 Month Update - Regrew 60%-80% Of Hair Naturally With No Drugs!
    By Reborn HairPPP in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 05:47 AM
  2. Rugs, Drugs, Hair Transplants, You Name it, Iíve Done it!
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 05:20 PM
  3. New 3D Hair Follicle Model Could Help Find Drugs that Treat Baldness
    By Scientalk56 in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM
  4. How many drugs at once?
    By Locke in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM
  5. HT without drugs
    By wild bill in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads