Closed Thread

Default Dr Mohebi - No Growth At 10 Months

I did 2800 grafts with Dr. Mohebi last Fall - 10 months in I have zero growth. Feel free to PM me for details. Having had a successful HT prior to this one with a different doctor, I sensed from the first day of post-op there was problem based on how painful the closure was and subsequently how poorly the scar healed. At 6 months after the first procedure, performed 5 years ago by a doctor who is routinely complimented and held in high esteem here, I saw signs of growth and by month 9 (and on) the results were noticeable. No post-op issues whatsoever, and graft count was basically the same.

I was on Finasteride for 1 year prior to the procedure with Dr. Mohebi and have remained on it since (almost 2 years consecutive now). I reached out at month 6 and found it very difficult to get the doctor himself to respond - I say this because I was reaching out to let him know I was somewhat concerned (only mildly at that point) that, at month 6-ish, I was not seeing any evidence of growth - like, none whatsoever and in fact it seemed like I was losing a substantial amount of hair. That was certainly a reasonable concern of mine at that point. After 4 attempts to reach him, he replied and blamed me for how poorly the scar healed and how difficult the post-op period was. I followed all of his instructions to a 'T'. What possible incentive would I have to do otherwise?

Again, post-op after my first procedure was a breeze. He now says that the way I look at month 10 is due to shock loss.

I do not drink nor do I smoke. I made no changes to my diet prior to or post HT with Dr. Mohebi and I have not taken any supplements/medicines of any kind other than Finasteride and Biotin.

I am a public figure and will not post pictures here but feel free to message me and I'll be happy to share what I have.

Today I went for a haircut from a guy who's been cutting my hair on and off for several years, although due to my schedule I had not seen him in about a year. He whispered 'what are you doing about your hairloss?' while I was in his chair. 10 months and $15,000 later.

One other thing I'll say is that due to the poor/non-existent results from Dr. Mohebi's procedure, I honestly have to admit that it is really - really - depressing styling my hair each day now, because of what I'm now 'working with' as opposed to just one year ago. It's a real bummer to say the least.

Although it may seem otherwise, this is not a take-down piece. Having had two procedures now, both with markedly different results, I am simply letting anyone know who is considering a HT, or a second HT, either with Dr. Mohebi or with someone else, to proceed with a great deal of caution. Again, the scarring, the intense post-op pain, the hair loss instead of growth and quite frankly Dr. Mohebi's poor attitude has found me in a very regrettable situation. Beware.

Arrow

Dear LouisTheThird,

Please refer to our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service under the category of Physician Complaints which I will post here for your convenience.

If you are seeking to write a public complaint about a doctor, you will be required to verify your identity(privately) and BaldTruthTalk.Com will then notify the doctor so that he/she can respond publicly as well. The thread will allow for the patient to tell their story, the doctor to respond, the patient to reply to the doctor's response and one last response from the doctor if necessary. General commentary from other users will not be allowed.

Based on the account of your experience, it appears that you are an actual patient who has chosen to express a legitimate grievance, so you have not been required to verify your identity with us and your post will remain live, however as per our TOS the thread will be locked until which time the clinic chooses to respond. If it becomes apparent that you are not an actual patent of this clinic, this thread will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.