+ Reply to Thread

Default If you're young and starting to lose your hair do not give up!!

If you're a young individual and you're beginning to show sings of MPB don't give up!

There is hope for the future. The cosmetic industry right now is booming. We live in a society full of narcissists who take pride in their appearance and hair is a massive factor of one's confidence and self esteem. Especially celebrities who's image is everything to their career. Cosmetics and treatments are becoming more and more popular as the days go by with celebrities and individuals going under treatments to alter their appearance.

Call me optimistic but I do believe that in 10-20 years there will be new and improved treatments available to the public to prevent hair loss.. I'm not necessarily saying they'll be a cure anytime soon but you can't tell me that a treatment or step up in hair transplants won't break through within this time frame. Look at how much science and the world in general has developed in technology over the past 10 years.. DO NOT GIVE UP NOW! At worst case say none of this does happen and you took preventive care of your hair for all these years.. well you'll have maintained your hair for an extra 10-20 years? Maybe even longer if you chose to continue taking treatments.

Hi Jack,

Great thread. I can definitely relate to what you are saying because I made the mistake of having a transplant at the age of 19. I had 4 procedures, (1 strip, 3 fue (last two were attempted repairs by the surgeon). I was left donor depleted, and did not have a successful result until my procedure at the age of 31 last January with Dr. Sanusi Umar. It was a hybrid of beard, body, and a little head hair due to my depletion. The surgery was successful to say the least, and literally allowed me to resume "living again".

The link to my story is below.

Tying into what Jack said; if i had to do it all over again I would have waited to have my procedures much later, for I eventually became a NW6. I also would have done the correct research and saved myself both time, money, and my head donor, which would have given Dr. Umar to more to work with.

I hope everyone can learn from my mistake. Best of luck to everyone contemplating a procedure.

https://dru.com/hair-surgery/success...strip-surgery/

Quote Originally Posted by Hairhope4ever View Post
    Hi Jack,

Great thread. I can definitely relate to what you are saying because I made the mistake of having a transplant at the age of 19. I had 4 procedures, (1 strip, 3 fue (last two were attempted repairs by the surgeon). I was left donor depleted, and did not have a successful result until my procedure at the age of 31 last January with Dr. Sanusi Umar. It was a hybrid of beard, body, and a little head hair due to my depletion. The surgery was successful to say the least, and literally allowed me to resume "living again".

The link to my story is below.

Tying into what Jack said; if i had to do it all over again I would have waited to have my procedures much later, for I eventually became a NW6. I also would have done the correct research and saved myself both time, money, and my head donor, which would have given Dr. Umar to more to work with.

I hope everyone can learn from my mistake. Best of luck to everyone contemplating a procedure.

https://dru.com/hair-surgery/success...strip-surgery/
    Wow your story is incredible! One of the best if not the' best transplants I've seen to date. This is literally proof that anything can be achieved.. it is never too late to save one's hair nor should a young individual lose hope, let hair loss dramatically effect them in a way it changes their life. There is always a way it just takes time, money, research and determination.

If you can achieve that result using today's technology then imagine the potential results and improvements that could become available within 20 years.

Like I said, if your hair means a lot to you and your self esteem.. Play the game and be determined. You can and will beat hair loss if you play the game right. Give science a decade to develop and we'll have another option in regards to a treatment.. maybe even multiple.

Hope that all the men on this website can regain a beautiful thick head of hair!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackito View Post
    If you're a young individual and you're beginning to show sings of MPB don't give up!

There is hope for the future. The cosmetic industry right now is booming. We live in a society full of narcissists who take pride in their appearance and hair is a massive factor of one's confidence and self esteem. Especially celebrities who's image is everything to their career. Cosmetics and treatments are becoming more and more popular as the days go by with celebrities and individuals going under treatments to alter their appearance.

Call me optimistic but I do believe that in 10-20 years there will be new and improved treatments available to the public to prevent hair loss.. I'm not necessarily saying they'll be a cure anytime soon but you can't tell me that a treatment or step up in hair transplants won't break through within this time frame. Look at how much science and the world in general has developed in technology over the past 10 years.. DO NOT GIVE UP NOW! At worst case say none of this does happen and you took preventive care of your hair for all these years.. well you'll have maintained your hair for an extra 10-20 years? Maybe even longer if you chose to continue taking treatments.
    There will be cures. Don't want to sound pessimistic, but most people won't be able to afford them.

Histogen looks very promising, but for whatever reason I don't think they're doing anything in any country.

Am I wrong about that?

Jackito,

Your words mean more to me than you can imagine. It has been a long and traumatic journey for me to get to where I am today. This is the reason why I am posting. I really hope I can both help, and offer hope to those who are contemplating going the surgical route.

You said it the best my friend: People should not give up because there are successful options out there. It's just a matter of doing proper research and due diligence.

Best of luck to everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    There will be cures. Don't want to sound pessimistic, but most people won't be able to afford them.

Histogen looks very promising, but for whatever reason I don't think they're doing anything in any country.

Am I wrong about that?
    Yes we'll likely be talking the same price as a mortgage for a cure unfortunately. Though do you really think a cure will be discovered and made available? Think about it, if a cure is found then the hair transplant industry which is a billion dollar one by the way.. will go bust. The demand will fall to almost nothing and the entire industry would be reduced to nothing in a matter of years. However like I said, I do believe a better treatment will become available to the public within the upcoming years. I mean the science world is close to completing the world's first head transplant and you're telling me they won't be able to transfer someone else's hair into another's body? The process could easily be done with today's technology. The problem is finding a drug to prevent your body rejecting artificial, alternate hair.