+ Reply to Thread

Default Got PRP treatment done and my hair condition is 100 times WORSE!

Hi Guys,

I have had a thin hair since my teens and currently am 24 years old. The hair loss was not very noticeable until i started experiencing shedding around 5-6 months back and realised that my scalp has slowly started to become quite visible with wet hair. I consulted some doctors and decided to go for the PRP treatment. Had my first treatment in April and the second session in June. The doctor used the injection+microneedling technique. I was very happy with the first session as i stopped shedding hair almost completely. A week after my second session i got a haircut and noticed that my scalp has started to become visible with dry hair in front of the mirror. I was quite shocked as i hadn't been experiencing abnormal hairfall at all. Just the normal 4-5 strands while shampooing. I am due for my third session in about 2 weeks and have no clue how and why my scalp has started to become so visible. Is this normal? I am also using Capixyl (2ml daily) and multivitamins.

How long has it been since you got the PRP treatment? It may be a shedding process. To see any results with PRP usually takes at least a few months. Do you have any pictures? Are you on any other hair loss treatments?

Did you ever get an answer to your question about the PRP?

Quote Originally Posted by abhaya View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have had a thin hair since my teens and currently am 24 years old. The hair loss was not very noticeable until i started experiencing shedding around 5-6 months back and realised that my scalp has slowly started to become quite visible with wet hair. I consulted some doctors and decided to go for the PRP treatment. Had my first treatment in April and the second session in June. The doctor used the injection+microneedling technique. I was very happy with the first session as i stopped shedding hair almost completely. A week after my second session i got a haircut and noticed that my scalp has started to become visible with dry hair in front of the mirror. I was quite shocked as i hadn't been experiencing abnormal hairfall at all. Just the normal 4-5 strands while shampooing. I am due for my third session in about 2 weeks and have no clue how and why my scalp has started to become so visible. Is this normal? I am also using Capixyl (2ml daily) and multivitamins.
    How are you doing now?