+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I let myself go bald?

New to this forum. I'm 22 and NW 2/3. About 3 months ago I started using Rogaine, and I've seen some regrowth on the temples; however, using Rogaine every day, twice per day is such a pain, especially as a college student with limited time. I'm considering just letting myself go bald, but I know I could not pull off the completely shaved head look (I have a more slim build and don't know if I have the time/commitment to try and get sole). Any thoughts? Should I keep using rogaine? Should I let myself go bald? and if I do that how do I transition and keep my hair from looking terrible as it gradually thins and recedes?

Finasteride WITH minoxidil, if money isn't an issue.

I'd transplant my crotch hair to the top of my head before letting myself go bald.

I would let it go personally. I have used finasteride with minoxidil and had two hair transplants. If I could go back in time I wouldnt fight it and accept defeat .. The main reason being it takes over your life and I've had poor results from all forms of fighting hair loss. The stress isn't worth it and finasteride from my own personal experience has many side effects as you may know but I think the biggest problem with any form of fighting hair loss is the hit your confidence will take from the constant checking of your hair and worrying about the future hair loss. That's just my personal experience of it and I know many are happy with results but I am not one of them.
    Last edited by Unam124; 07-04-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'd let it go. You said you don't really have the shaved head look? Have you thought of the possibility of growing a beard? Nowadays, most people who go bald stop shaving and there's a lot of very useful resources on how to grow a beard the right way.

Cool Dooonn't!

Hey bro!

Just registered here to respond to this thread, since I was feeling SO lost when I started this journey back in mid to end of 2012 and I wanna help whenever possible.

I'm gonna talk of my own experience and say that DON'T let yourself go bald for the following reasons:

1. Once you go bald it's INFINITELY more hard if at all possible to regrow hair.
    2. If you say you look better with hair (most people do) AT LEAST wait until you're done with university to let it go.
    3. Minoxidil DOES WORK! Even to bigger extents that mos people give it credit for!

I didn't go the Finasteride route cause even 1 pill gave me liquid ejaculate for like 3 days haha I don't wanna deal with that.

But what I CAN tell you with the utmost certainty is that the hair I've maintained and regained with minoxidil (I use Lipogaine which even tho expensive is the best brand for me imo but any brand should work) was totally a game changer for me.

I can think of several scenarios where the confidence of having hair and knowing I was doing something to fight totally helped me achieve goals, projecting myself better to people and just in general feeling way better about myself.

I know 2x a day is a major pain in the ass. For what it's worth with some experience you find ways of using minox that kindof conceal it and don't make your hair look like shit. You could cut it short too so it's not THAT noticeable while still reaping the benefits of minox.

Honestly, if you are 100% sure that you can handle being bald then let it go. But if you think it's not a good fit, that there's any chance you might regret it then keep fighting the good fight I say. Even if you can't do 2x a day sometimes 1x before bed is better than nothing! Look up Regenepure Dr, Nizoral or a Shampoo with Ketoconazole and use it once every other day or 2 times a week for even better results.

I started this journey in 2012 and to be honest I thought that by 2015 I would be way worse than I am even now. But alas minox has honestly been a game changer for me. Completely.

I would ask you to not get discouraged and keep fighting the good fight unless, like I said before, you are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SURE, without even the slightest doubt, that you can handle being bald and it's not gonna affect your confidence, performance or even looks to some degree. (Ie. some people look awesome or the same while being bald)

I hope my advice helps you find your way, we're all in this together and as an example, I even once used minoxidil before hosting a show for at least 200 people at my college, noone noticed and my hair looked ok. You can find a way. Just really think this through and decide if it's worth it for you. Godspeed brotha! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nprovines View Post
    New to this forum. I'm 22 and NW 2/3. About 3 months ago I started using Rogaine, and I've seen some regrowth on the temples; however, using Rogaine every day, twice per day is such a pain, especially as a college student with limited time. I'm considering just letting myself go bald, but I know I could not pull off the completely shaved head look (I have a more slim build and don't know if I have the time/commitment to try and get sole). Any thoughts? Should I keep using rogaine? Should I let myself go bald? and if I do that how do I transition and keep my hair from looking terrible as it gradually thins and recedes?
    Bro....medicines have side effects....just hit the gym, eat healthy, close crop to a nice buzzed look, and trust me bro, you'll be happy!