+ Reply to Thread

Thread: losing it

Default losing it

been a lurker for 6 months. 26 years old, always had a perfectly straight hairline, very thick hair. frontal hairs are all miniaturzed now. very weak, brittle, discolored and falling out. dad and his bro are 57 and 58 yrs old at a nw0. moms bros are mid fifties nw3v. Moms bros had very thick hair like mine and lost a ton in their early thirties. not sure how i prevent my hairs from falling out without using sketchy finasteride. thanks for looking. ears are open!Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_225825.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	52838

As you get older your hair will change, you are not a teenager anymore. I can't tell anything from looking at that picture, hairline looks perfect. Of course the only thing that works on the hairline is "sketchy finasteride".

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    As you get older your hair will change, you are not a teenager anymore. I can't tell anything from looking at that picture, hairline looks perfect. Of course the only thing that works on the hairline is "sketchy finasteride".
    thank you for your response sir

Smile Hmm!

I can't really tell from your picture but the only one that can notice the changes is you! A general rule some people have is that if you think you might be balding you probably are to some degree, since when you're not losing hair that thought doesn't even cross your mind.

Just know that finasteride is not the only option, there's also minox and ketoconazole.

Also take into account that the earlier you start with whatever treatment, the better in any scenario. Good luck bro! Any questions feel free to ask

Quote Originally Posted by DJSomeday View Post
    I can't really tell from your picture but the only one that can notice the changes is you! A general rule some people have is that if you think you might be balding you probably are to some degree, since when you're not losing hair that thought doesn't even cross your mind.

Just know that finasteride is not the only option, there's also minox and ketoconazole.

Also take into account that the earlier you start with whatever treatment, the better in any scenario. Good luck bro! Any questions feel free to ask
    yes i hear ya. my frontals are deff much thinnner and whispy.. minox can help with maintenance? i feel like most people use it for regrowth

Minox works for manteinance too. I've been losing my hair since the 2nd half of 2012 and I'm just beginning to be Norwood 1.5 now :P THANK GOD! you do have to stay constant though, minoxidil is for the commited, but it's worth it all the way. I'd say minox works for regrowth AND manteinance!

Be careful with finasteride side effects, I chose not to take it but make sure you do your research if you choose to.

Ketoconazole is decent but not a must if you can't afford it, any Qs just ask!