+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is propecia weight loss possible with exercise?

I started taking propecia 2 months ago and have since put on 10-15lbs. Part of it is clearly depression/lack of motivation from the drug, but another part is clearly the hormonal changes, as I'm not eating much differently than before.

Has anyone had success losing significant weight after having the weight gain side effect from the drug?

Quote Originally Posted by mwolfe View Post
    I started taking propecia 2 months ago and have since put on 10-15lbs. Part of it is clearly depression/lack of motivation from the drug, but another part is clearly the hormonal changes, as I'm not eating much differently than before.

Has anyone had success losing significant weight after having the weight gain side effect from the drug?
    The question is, WHAT are you eating on a regular basis? Let's start with that first.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

turkey, wheat bread, apples, green tea. the drug has definitely contributed to weight gain.

turkey, wheat bread, apples, green tea. the drug has definitely contributed to weight gain.
    I doubt that is all you're eating

Bread, regardless of it being "wheat" or not, is not necessarily good for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvObFg0ApeY

The turkey you're eating, is it processed slices or it is roasted/baked whatever cut from the bird? If it is slices or "deli" turkey you're stuffing yourself with all kinds of preservatives and sodium, not to mention the hormones and antibiotics that they're probably fed as well.

How often do you venture outside? Do you go to the gym or exercise at all? If not, give a try along with a strict lifestyle change of significantly reduced carbs and sugars. Read your labels.
    Joe Tillman

I think you might be slightly in denial about the weight gain side effects of this drug for people. I'm very knowledgeable about exercise and nutrition and carefully monitor my weight and recognize that the drug contributed to weight gain in the thighs, stomach and chest.

So I'm trying to find out from people who have had a similar side effect how persistent the weight gain, particularly in these areas is, for people who have also had this side effect, and how effective a dedicated exercise routine is.

I think you might be slightly in denial about the weight gain side effects of this drug for people. I'm very knowledgeable about exercise and nutrition and carefully monitor my weight and recognize that the drug contributed to weight gain in the thighs, stomach and chest.
    Interesting. I think you may be slightly misinterpreting what I know or don't know as I don't think you can point to anything I said that would negate your experience. Good luck.
    Joe Tillman

If you eat bread you need to reconsider what you think you know about nutrition. Cut all grains and keep carbs below 20% of your daily calorie intake. Limite protein to 20-25% if you lift weights many times a week or 15-20% if you don't. Excess protein will only be converted to glucose and ammonia. The rest should come from natural fat but try to limit omega 6 as the western diet already contains too much of it. Saturated is fine but shouldn't be the only type you get. Supplement minerals/vit if you don't already do it. Fina won't directly make you gain weight but it can make you depressed and lack energy. DHT plays an important role in the regulation of epinephrine thus the lack of energy. I personally would never use fin.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Interesting. I think you may be slightly misinterpreting what I know or don't know as I don't think you can point to anything I said that would negate your experience. Good luck.
    my apologies. i see your point.

Hello! Losing weight is a long and difficult process, especially without training and proper nutrition, I went through the path of losing weight, and I can note a good life hack, weight loss IV drip helped me quite a lot, I lost about 10 kg using this dropper, if you have problems with weight, I recommend to pay attention!