+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advice / thoughts from the Community! Should I get a hair implant?

Hi All,

I wanted to reach out to the fellow community members for their opinions and thoughts on my current situation.

Currently, I am 30 and considering getting a hair implant. The catch is that I am not severely balding and it is for more of aesthetics reason. It is mainly to restore my hairline because I have an M shaped hairline.

I went to a doctor in Los Angeles, and he told me that I have a Norwood 2 - 3 situation and would need roughly 1000 grafts.

My question is - since I am getting the surgery at a fairly early age and haven't completed the balding stages yet, what are the CONS and PROS?

I understand that one of the PROS is that it will be cheaper for me while the possible CONS might be that I am doing it too early. Can someone with more experience than I please share your wisdom?

Thanks a lot guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	52829   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg

Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	52830  

Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Not yet
    Thanks for the response but could you please share the pros and cons to getting it now?

Yes I totally agree, the chemicals can cause problems with hair loss like thinning, balding or complete hair loss on the scalp. I never dye my hair again!

Quote Originally Posted by minoh View Post
    Hi All,

I wanted to reach out to the fellow community members for their opinions and thoughts on my current situation.

Currently, I am 30 and considering getting a hair implant. The catch is that I am not severely balding and it is for more of aesthetics reason. It is mainly to restore my hairline because I have an M shaped hairline.

I went to a doctor in Los Angeles, and he told me that I have a Norwood 2 - 3 situation and would need roughly 1000 grafts.

My question is - since I am getting the surgery at a fairly early age and haven't completed the balding stages yet, what are the CONS and PROS?

I understand that one of the PROS is that it will be cheaper for me while the possible CONS might be that I am doing it too early. Can someone with more experience than I please share your wisdom?

Thanks a lot guys!
    Stay away from surgery.....you got a lot of hair bro!

I think your hair is fine, no ? it's not so seriously going bald, except that you wanna do some special hairstyle?
    1000 grafts arent too much, what type of surgery are you taking ?
    I suggest you should look for more information and have more consultancy at other clinics for more reference, big clinics always offer free consultancy anyway.
    For more information about types of hair transplants and price, check this website out : www.thehairtransplanthub.com/fue-hair-transplant or hairtransplantmoter