+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice on switching to Dutasteride?

Hey guys, I'm new to this hair loss website and figured it's time to seek out some help.
    First, a bit of back story:

I started going bald at 16 ( ruined my confidence ) and I will be 20 very soon. I was taking 1mg finasteride and 5% minoxidil for a year and a half, then paid for a PRP session, while switching to a custom prescription of 10% minoxidil and 0.2 Finasteride, which I am still taking to this day along with 1mg finasteride. I went through hell with shedding at the beginning, hit a boom last year where my hair was at it's best since I started banding, and now I'm starting to get desperate again.

I have a hairline that has been receding MASSIVELY ( If I get any responses I will post pics.) But I keep my hair long to try to hide it with moderate success.

Anyways, I found a dermatologist who may be opened to the idea of prescribing me dutasteride, should I go for it? Another shed would give me a panic attack, but if the end result is better I'm willing to do it. Also, I'm looking into another PRP session, maybe even stem cell.

I know most of you are older than me by at least a few years, keep in mind that I'm willing to so what it takes to keep what I have left a few more years, but I don't think I am bad enough yet for hair transplants?

Any experience with switching from Fin to Dut would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Dut is king bro. If you can tolerate it without sides go for it. Problem is you are a bit young for dut, I'd generally recommend waiting as long as possible before getting on it, at least until you are 21-22...Give fin a bit more time and if you are still losing ground fast then try dut. Or start with 1-2 dut twice a week for a while and see how that goes.

Forget prp it is a waste of money...could be used for marginal improvement once your hair is stabalized but it wont really help MPB in the grand scheme and you don't want to be paying for that for years on end.

Do you have any experience with DUT? Also, how do I post pics of my hair on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Do you have any experience with DUT? Also, how do I post pics of my hair on here?
    Go in advanced reply and there is an option to insert attachment, you will be able to upload pictures there.

Did it work? Also, how do I post new threads?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crown area.jpg

Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	52802   Click image for larger version

Name:	left temple.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	52803   Click image for larger version

Name:	right temple.jpg

Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	52804  

For a 20 year old boy who's recceding massively, you're doing good, because i just see a litlle receding on the hairline and it could a mature hairline...but keep the treatment to prevent future hairloss but i dont think you should switch to Dut, you are too young.

Your hairline is good, especially if you've been balding for four years-might just be the pics you've posted though and/or your current hairstyle that disguises it well. Don't go for Avodart, it's a big risk and fin seems to be doing the trick for you. Keep doing what you're doing, take pics every month or so and compare them. If you start losing your hair rapidly then switch fin for Avodart but be cautious about where you get it from.

No idea about PRP-seems to work for some but results vary wildly. Again you should take pictures/make comparisons before and after PRP treatment to see if it's actually working for you.

Been on Avodart for three months now. Have regrown almost a full head of hair. Libido and ejaculation are still in working order.