+ Reply to Thread

Default My Finasteride journey 2017

I am going to start finasterid and minox, I will be talking about my journey as in depth as possible so hopefully i can help anyone going through same thing.
    Advice is GREATLY appreciated.(only from experienced users)

I am a 21 yrs old and receding unfortunatly, im planning on taking finasteride 0.25mg every 2-3 days to start with kirkland 5% minox i would REALLY like some helpful advice and please feel free to share your experience. I will try to closely document my journey to help others aswell.
    Does any one have thoughts on mixing small amounts of fina in minoxidil?

Should i be taking supplements like biotin, msm, zinc like i am now?

I am planning on using minox with derma roller for better results and i would like to use minox on my beard aswell just incase i go full slaphead, give me your thoughts.

Basically provide me with any information you can pls as im quite nervous about all this shit and pls no "just shave it all of comments" unless you're 5ft3 and 21 like i am.

Good luck. I took fin for about 8 years. It definitely worked and helped slow mpb. However just last month I got my first sexual side effects and decided to give it up. Sex is just too important.

haha well, im not 5 3 lol actually 6 1, and im not 21 lol im 27 haha and trust me man. fight the battle! lol it's an uphill one for sure, but even giving yourself a few extra years is worth it in my opinion. I started minox at the age of 18 even though I had not seen any thinning yet only because I knew Id lose it eventually given my genes. Started finasteride a few years later, was on 1.25mg Daily, never got any side effects, definitely seemed to slow down the hair thinning at that point (21y/o I believe) switched over to dutasteride and that worked wonders the first year or year and a half. Hair got noticeably thicker and felt great, no DHT itch whatsoever. Fast fwd to now, im still on dutasteride and minox, hair has definitely thinned now but thankfully it's an even thin and not in patches so it actually still looks decent, starting ru58841 and giving it a go for 1 year and see how that works, other than that, although ive thinned now, I consider it somewhat of a win seeing as my younger brother has already pretty much lost it and my dad lost it almost all around 25. So the fact I still have hair and it doesnt look all that bad is a win imo. Just stick with it, id prob do 1mg finast and not .25