+ Reply to Thread

Question Is it safe to take Finasteride if I have Peyronies Disease? Advice Needed! Docs?

Hey all,

So basically I am currently losing 100-200 hairs a day on average, seems to have increased quite a bit lately. I have noticed modest amount of thinning on top and crown, still early days but at crazy rate of hair fall I'm worried. I'm almost 28 years old.

I want to start on a low dose of finasteride (I was prescribed a low dose of 0.1mg compounded with some vitamins, but I may just get generics and cut them into 8ths which would make the daily dose 0.125mg..Close enough I suppose)

The major concern I am faced with is that I injured my penis 3 years ago during sex and developed Peyronies Disease - basically scarring/fibrosis within the penis and a calcified plaque as well. A lot of people get a pronounced bend in their member due to the plaque but mine isn't that bad in terms of bend. It's affected most of the shaft, and I still take certain medications for it, in attempt to mitigate further progression. I still experience pain most days..And if I jack off or have sex I will always have some level of pain afterward followed by indents and hourglassing of the penis shaft being more pronounced. I usually follow up sexual activity with a hot shower, celebrex (powerful NSAID), and then icing afterward & sometimes massage with castor oil and bandage as it seems to help things return to norm a little faster.

Theres a forum for it out there if you want more info, or just google it.

I've googled around but all I can find are some reports that Fin CAUSED peyronies in some. Another thing that came up was that the effects that Fin has can cause far greater incidence of fibrosis within the penis than those without.

Given my condition, I'm wondering if anyone (hopefully a doctor or someone with experience / knowledge in this particular area) can offer insight as to whether it is a bad idea for me to take fin, or whether I will likely be fine? I desperately want to stop the amount of hair I'm shedding on a daily basis (seems to be more diffuse across the crown & top of head maybe slight recession too, but still early days - can post pics later) but I don't want to worsen my condition at all ! Dealing with pain and deformity 3 years later really sucks, don't want it to get worse.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Seems as though the main thing fin does besides help hair is affect the penis (libido, erections, potential increased chance of fibrosis etc).

I know this is a strange question for many of you but damn I need an answer badly !
    Please help.