X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunsetbeach
    • Jun 2017

Finasteride shedding updates as they happen : please read and share

Hi Guys.

I've been on Finasteride 9 months & i shed during first few months then it make to a halt & last month shedding began again and the front is extremly fine and one side (right temple) is worse.

However i will continue to post and update bad or good as i really want to share my journey.

Currently i take 1mg fin in a morning with 1 tesco hair & nail vitamin. I use almost daily Alpecin on 3 alternative days mon, wed and fri i use Nizoral 2%. @ night i use Kirkland 5% minoxidil.

The hair shed has terrified me i wont lie but i had seen an improvment until this recent shed.

Does anyone else have sheds? What are there feelings?

I will update as i go along i will try and do 1 daily post. Input from all you guys would also be good.
  • Sunsetbeach
    • Jun 2017

Day 2 of my post. I didn't wake up scratching my head which is a plus. My morning bonner was normal. I shed a few hairs during the day nothing to worry about. Washed hair in Nizoral 2% applied Kirkland 5% minoxidil & hairdryed hair on the cold setting this evening im shedding a fair bit everytime i run hand through hair im loosing 3 or 4 hairs. During my shower i didnt notice any hair loss.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
      • Jun 2017

Day 3 into my 9 month shedding still shedding a fair bit but in the right atea were ive shed i can see regrowth which is pleasing. The shed cycles are terrifying thou and unplesant.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
        • Jun 2017

Hair today is much thinner which is a concern but still taking 1mg and applying twice daily kirkland. If I'm honest i would like to give up and go back to b4 taking the meds but based on what ive read theres no going bk so on i will go i really hope my hairline recovers fast and i stop shedding as im seriously stressed. Which doesnt help hair either.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
          • Jun 2017

Still shedding in the shower but wen i awoke this morning i had slightly thicker looking hair.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
            • Jun 2017

Update the hair thats shed has returned which is amazing.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
              • Jun 2017

Hair feels finer than it did b4 but still staying focused

Comment

• k9gatton
                • Oct 2016

That's good. It was probably just a temporary shock to the system, and your body adjusted to it.

Good luck with it.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
                  • Jun 2017

Still slightly defused at right temple but i can see regrowth and the top seems finer but im staying focused shedding has indeed slowed down.

Comment

• Sunsetbeach
                    • Jun 2017

Are you using it?

Comment

• apyrr2007
                      • Aug 2017

ive got a question, ive just started treatment on avodart a month ago and I have been shedding or what i think shedding is, mainly because a lot more hair is falling out with ease, my question is, is that when you shed what type of hairs are they? e.g thick or thin ?

Comment

• k9gatton
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sunsetbeach
                        Are you using it?
                        Yes, I use it topically. I probably use about a couple of milligrams physically speaking. It did gow
                        some of my temple back.

Most of my regrowth was/is on my vertex.

Comment

Working...