+ Reply to Thread

Default What else is there?

I've copied and pasted this from another post I made, but it best sums up my situation...
    I'm currently 30 and first noticed loss in my crown at 28. My temples were slowly receeding since I was 20, but nothing too severe. For the past 2 years, my hair has fallen out all over my vertex, crown, to my front hairline, including the hairline on the sides of my head above my sideburns. I have tried using propecia for a year (1mg/day), avodart for about a year now (varying between .5 mg/day to 1.5mg/day). Also have been using rogaine foam 5%, and for the past 7 months I've been using Dr. Lee's 15%+ ******* formula at night and 6%+ Minoxidil during the day. I'm also using his nizoral shampoo 3-4 times/week. I recently added his 5% spiro lotion to my regimen. I've tried going to a clinic for laser treatments (although I realize after reading more on here that doesn't seem to work for anyone). Nothing has helped. I have a tough time believing that my hair could possibly fall out faster if I stop taking the avodart or using the formulas. I'm also considering PRP as it seems to be the only thing left I haven't tried, however I'm sick of not just wasting my money, but having false hopes. I'm also not considering a transplant, not due to my age, but I don't believe a transplant is reasonable for someone with a severe amount of loss, I believe I will eventually reach a NW5 within the next few years. I considered myself a NW2 just a few years ago.

I believe that I caught my hair loss early. Everyone always says that if you catch it early, it's your best chance to slow it down. What if you can't though? I have a tough time understanding how someone can go from having a great head of hair to crap in 3-4 year span. I'm just wondering if anyone else has lost their hair this quickly. Maybe this is average, but I have a few friends that are losing their hair and it seems to be falling out much less quickly than mine. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks for listening!

Hi Thinfast,

I was in the same sinking boat you were, except mine happened from 18-23 ... that was a rude awakening. I am glad that your not considering a HT, because (in my opinion) that can just add to your frustrations.

Hope you gain some good advice here. I for one cannot give you any because I am in the pharmaceutical industry and know what long term side effects look like. Drugs just aren't for me. I have also had a HT at 24, which was great for a few years, but feeling like a fraud for 6 years and in essence 'covering up the fact that I had a HT to cover up the fact that I was going bald' sucks. If you ever have any questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to ask!