+ Reply to Thread

Question Does any other top surgeons offer Unshaven Fue apart from Dr Cole?

Hi everyone, I have been researching for a while and there seems to be very little information about unshaven fue on the various forums.

I want to do an unshaven procedure (unshaven in donor & recipient) and that is my only option.

Is there any other top Surgeons worldwide that offer the Unshaven Fue Procedure?

I have researched a lot about Dr Cole in Atlanta, and to be honest he seems to fit all my requirements and from what i can see is a top surgeon. Unfortunately the blocking point is he is a bit over my budget (the max i can stretch to is around $7 USD per graft, and i require around 2000 grafts).

I am from Asia and i am prepared to travel for the right doctor as long as there is something he can do to fit my budget. The only place i do not want to go is Turkey.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ukhk View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been researching for a while and there seems to be very little information about unshaven fue on the various forums.

I want to do an unshaven procedure (unshaven in donor & recipient) and that is my only option.

Is there any other top Surgeons worldwide that offer the Unshaven Fue Procedure?

I have researched a lot about Dr Cole in Atlanta, and to be honest he seems to fit all my requirements and from what i can see is a top surgeon. Unfortunately the blocking point is he is a bit over my budget (the max i can stretch to is around $7 USD per graft, and i require around 2000 grafts).

I am from Asia and i am prepared to travel for the right doctor as long as there is something he can do to fit my budget. The only place i do not want to go is Turkey.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    You'll have to ask if this "no shave" procedure is actually shaving small patches that are covered by your longer hair. What I mean is, many of these "no shave" FUE procedures are misleading in that you do in fact have to shave but it is in small patches through various areas of your donor scalp and with your hair grown long the surrounding hair will naturally cover these patches until they recover and the remaining hairs grow longer. The problem I have with these procedures is that they are counter productive and serve to draw attention to these areas that are harvested. The densities are reduced compared to the surrounding areas that were not harvested and you have the potential to wind up with areas of lower density that are visible to the eye when your have short hair cuts. It is counter intuitive to the point of FUE in the first place, which is soley to have no aesthetic evidence of surgery to the casual observer.

There are punches that do allow for longer hair to be harvested as the punch will have a slit on one side that allows the longer hair to be encapsulated by the punch while the tip is scoring the tissue as the base. My friend Dr. Pitchon on Brazil has made his name by offering this procedure and another doctor I know in Brazil, Dr. Boaventura, has developed his own version of this punch. In the end, you have to ask yourself which approach makes more sense for the highest survival rates for your hairs. Shaving the donor area or keeping your donor hair longer, which is logically more difficult? FUE is not easy as it is so it doesn't make sense to me why someone would want to make it even more difficult. I recommend you allow the donor to be shaved as it won't look like anything was done just a few short days later and with the longer hair on top you'll look like you are just sporting a crew cut even a week after your procedure.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    You'll have to ask if this "no shave" procedure is actually shaving small patches that are covered by your longer hair. What I mean is, many of these "no shave" FUE procedures are misleading in that you do in fact have to shave but it is in small patches through various areas of your donor scalp and with your hair grown long the surrounding hair will naturally cover these patches until they recover and the remaining hairs grow longer. The problem I have with these procedures is that they are counter productive and serve to draw attention to these areas that are harvested. The densities are reduced compared to the surrounding areas that were not harvested and you have the potential to wind up with areas of lower density that are visible to the eye when your have short hair cuts. It is counter intuitive to the point of FUE in the first place, which is soley to have no aesthetic evidence of surgery to the casual observer.

There are punches that do allow for longer hair to be harvested as the punch will have a slit on one side that allows the longer hair to be encapsulated by the punch while the tip is scoring the tissue as the base. My friend Dr. Pitchon on Brazil has made his name by offering this procedure and another doctor I know in Brazil, Dr. Boaventura, has developed his own version of this punch. In the end, you have to ask yourself which approach makes more sense for the highest survival rates for your hairs. Shaving the donor area or keeping your donor hair longer, which is logically more difficult? FUE is not easy as it is so it doesn't make sense to me why someone would want to make it even more difficult. I recommend you allow the donor to be shaved as it won't look like anything was done just a few short days later and with the longer hair on top you'll look like you are just sporting a crew cut even a week after your procedure.
    Thank you for the response and I appreciate your advice. For me unshaven is the only procedure I will do.

Do you know what other doctors offer something similar to what Dr cole offers? (C2G)

Thanks