I got me a bad case of hair-greed........ - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default I got me a bad case of hair-greed........

I had an HT 6 years ago, 4000 grafts via strip, and I’m still delighted with the result. God knows what state I’d be in, or if I’d even be alive, if I hadn’t done it.

So I suppose, I’m now a victim of success – I’ve developed a bad case of ‘hair-greed’. Every time I look in the mirror, I can’t help but think how much happier I’d be with just a few hundred or so more lovely stiff terminal hairs on the top of my head. Not a lot, just a few more.......

It’s strange to me that I’m now an ‘old hand’ on this forum, and that the majority of guys posting on here are a lot younger than me – I started scouring the forums about 15 years ago, these days I only go on the forums very occasionally to ‘check in’ and see if there’s any big news, I don’t obsess about it anything like as much as I did. But I really would like more hair, and somebody needs to come up with a cure for MPB as soon as possible, it ruins too many lives. So that factors in my thinking too - treatments that might be up-coming. I watched Independence Day 2 yesterday, and I couldn’t help noticing how amazing Bill Pullman looks for his age, and that’s almost entirely because of his thick head of hair (and that he hasn’t put on weight).

So I’m humbly asking for opinions about whether I should ‘stick or twist’. Attached are some pictures of my hair how it is now. On the one hand, I worry that I’m asking for trouble by going under the knife again – I had a great result, why risk losing it? On the other, I’ve already been through it once (and literally have the scars to prove it), so having a few more grafts doesn’t seem like such a big deal, and it made such a gigantic difference to my self-esteem first time around, I can’t even describe.

Does anyone have any thoughts ? Should I consider it, or let it be ? Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 15-06-2017 at 13.00 #2 copy.jpg

Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	52553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 15-06-2017 at 13.00 copy.jpg

Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	52554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 22-12-2016 at 10.54 #2 copy.jpg

Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	52555  

I can't really see your hairline in the photos and can't judge the density either, although it looks like you have a nice thick head of hair. In good hands, you don't risk losing what you already have.

How old are you? Do you have any pics from before the 4000 grafts?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

You look good to me, hard to say without seeing the back. From those photos I'd have to wonder where would they even put the additional grafts?

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I can't really see your hairline in the photos and can't judge the density either, although it looks like you have a nice thick head of hair. In good hands, you don't risk losing what you already have.

How old are you? Do you have any pics from before the 4000 grafts?
    Thanks for the responses. I'll be 37 in a couple of months, and I had the HT when I was 30. Attached are some before pictures (sorry they have recommendation scribbles on them from an online consult - it might be fairly indicative of my self-esteem that these are literally the only photos I can find of myself from pre-ht), and one photo I just took a second ago after I got out of the shower and brushed my hair back, hopefully that shows the hairline - a little bit of that is still thin native hair. One of my biggest regrets is not starting on propecia as soon as I noticed I was balding - I was in my early 20s, and I think it would have made all the difference. But I was too shy to go to a doctor and ask.

Really what I'm considering is trying to consolidate what I have, not having a big procedure like I did the first time around - I'd just like a few more terminal hairs on the top of my head, I don't want teenager hair, I'd like to thicken up what's there.

I'm torn, because I really don't want to risk what I have, and also, I can't help but think that this industry and us sufferers are due a breakthrough, be it stem cells or hair multiplication etc. So I feel maybe I should hold off for that. But you can waste your whole life waiting

Click image for larger version

Name:	before1.JPG

Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	52739Click image for larger version

Name:	before2.JPG

Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	52740Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 26-06-2017 at 09.45 #2.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	52738