X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloudzero2006
    • Jul 2016

Been thinking about a hair system for a while now - need help

Hi guys,

So i've been looking around the forums about hair systems, but need some help/advise from those out there who are currently using them, to see how your experiences have been first hand? I have alot of questions so hopefully someone can help? I'm not really sure if i'll ever have the bottle to use a system, but I really don't want to be bald, not yet anyway. I'm 27, and i've got quite a babyface so going bald wouldn't look right for me :/

How do you make the transition to the system? ie. if you have visible hair loss how does it go undetected to all of a sudden appear with a full head of hair to some people who may have noticed/commented before?

Templates - how do you even make one? You don't have to be bald to make one? I do have a full head of hair, i'm just thinning on top.

Costs/Salons - i'm London based so any tips or advise about which ones to go for, the costs, how long they last etc

I'm sure I have a load of other questions but I can't get them out of my head onto here for now
  • lvlace
    • Jan 2014

Do research. Start reading. The links in this post will keep you occupied for a long time and will answer most or all of your questions.

I'd like to learn more about DIY hair systems but don't know where to start. I can't really afford Hair Club For Men so I thought about DIYing it.Can anyone point me in the right direction? Average cost, attachment, styling are all things I'm interested in learning more about. Do they come pre cut or would I have to go to a

Comment

• grincher
      • Apr 2014

The bald truth is you cannot go from bald to full head without notice, but there are tricks you can use to cloud the swap over.

That said, definitely read until you eyes burn and get confused but if you get a good supplier then will guide you through the process as every supplier seems to have their own scales.

If you can make the life change you will have a new life.

Comment

• Cheke1979
        • Jun 2016

look into the Cesare ragazzi hair systems

Comment

• cloudzero2006
          • Jul 2016

Originally posted by grincher
          The bald truth is you cannot go from bald to full head without notice, but there are tricks you can use to cloud the swap over.

That said, definitely read until you eyes burn and get confused but if you get a good supplier then will guide you through the process as every supplier seems to have their own scales.

I was keen to speak to you abouts yours as it sounded interesting in another post. Could you shed some light if you don't mind?

Comment

• grincher
            • Apr 2014

Cool. No problem. I have been wearing several years and the last four years been using

I live in the UK but when I worked abroad they shipped to me also.

Anything specific feel free to message.

Comment

• BaldBearded
              • Jan 2017

I was told to either grow a beard, leading up to getting the system, and then shaving it... or shaving an existing beard/mustache. People will notice that, and less your hair. Then you can, if you wish... grow it back.

Comment

• grincher
                • Apr 2014

Yes I have heard that. Also try to make the move between jobs or during a couple of weeks off.

The supplier I use recommends increasing density over successive pieces. I did something similar starting light, then adding over the next two pieces.

Comment

• cloudzero2006
                  • Jul 2016

Makes sense to do that, though the problem I have is even at 27 I can't grow a beard, i've got such a babyface - sigh

How long is the whole process from the start to getting the actual piece? At what point do you think, 'I better do it now before it gets worse' sort of thing?

Comment

• grincher
                    • Apr 2014

post a photo. its hard to say otherwise

Comment

• cloudzero2006
                      • Jul 2016

I'll see if I can get some pics later on to give you some sort of idea

Comment

• Candide
                        • Sep 2011

Hi Cloudzero

If you are just thinning, you could gradually diminish the appearance of thinning using scalp make-up like Toppik or even hair extensions, then have a short vacation and come back to work with a low density hair system. I would be willing to bet no one would notice - people are pretty unobservant about other people's appearance. Then you could gradually increase the density of your system at each change - say every 6 months - until you get where you want to go. If anyone notices, it's another triumph for Rogaine. I started something like this.

The same applies if you are receding - you start with a system that is just slightly larger and denser than your current hair coverage, and you lower the hairline and increase the density gradually every 6 months.

There are loads of YouTube videos on making a template. Here is one to get you started.

#hairsystem #hairloss #hairreplacementWelcome to our channel, where we showcase the incredible transformation of our clients with our amazing hair systems. I...

You don't have to be bald - just slick your hair down with gel and work over it. The template doesn't have to be that accurate - it just has to convey the general curve of your head and the area you need covered.

I have some ideas about London salons, good and bad, but I don't want to post them publicly. You can email me on systemwearer@yahoo.co.uk if you are interested.

It takes about 8 weeks to get a custom system made. Stock systems can be available immediately if you have a popular hair colour.

All the best

Comment

• cloudzero2006
                          • Jul 2016

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your responses so far, i've taken some pictures, some are so horrible to look at They were mainly taken under light, so you can see the extent of my issue clearer, also this is also the longest i've had my hair for a while, I usually get my hair cut once a month and it's always shorter, but it's been over a month now.

When do I start thinking about really doing something about this? I'd like a piece that covers the top of my head completely, and fringe too, but the density of my hair isn't great so not sure what to do just yet.

Grincher - how did you go about from the very beginning to now? You mentioned before you went to a place in London, what happens when you first go there?

Any help/suggestions is much appreciated as always.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• cloudzero2006
                            • Jul 2016

post a photo. its hard to say otherwise
                            I have done, just waiting for your feedback. Not sure how many posts I need before I can PM you

Comment

• grincher
                              • Apr 2014

Hi, I was a little confused. Am I correct to say, none of the pics are of the back of your head so that must be ok?

You should think about the topper.

The supplier I use is one that I have been with for a few years now and I have been wearing almost a decade. I am happy with the quality and service of my current supplier. Before that I was using two different companies including one in the USA. Its important to find a good supplier and there are lot of duff ones.

I followed their instructions and some online vids to make a template and post with a cutting of hair.

They usually guide me on density and other bits of it.

Takes about 8 weeks and then they refer me to a salon for the cut in.

I was really sceptical at first, but wearing was one of the best decision I have made.

website http://www.ukhairsystems.com

Comment

Working...