+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Marc Dauer, MD's Avatar

Default Marc Dauer, MD- Eyebrow Transplant

Greetings,

Here is a patient of mine who had a pre- existing eyebrow tattoo ("micro-blading") present. These tattoo's are marketed as completed natural replacements for eyebrow hair. In reality however this couldn't be further from the truth. A tattoo can never be a replacement for real hair. Hair is 3 dimensional on the face and a tattoo is not. Many of my patients present with eyebrow tattoos and then I place hairs over the tattoo to create a natural looking eyebrow. The tattoo then becomes like permanent makeup in the eyebrow. This patient received approximately 300 hairs per eyebrow. Note the specific directions of the eyebrow hair. She is thrilled with her results and I just performed an eyebrow transplant on her twin sister as well.

For more information on hair and eyebrow transplants

www.MDNewHair.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Amanda Eyebrows .001.jpg

Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	52489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amanda Eyebrows .002.jpg

Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	52490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amanda Eyebrows .003.jpg

Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	52491  
    Marc Dauer, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thank you. Eyebrow postings are rare. Could you say if the 300/eyebrow covered the whole area of her tattoos? It is difficult to see the extent or density of the coverage with the tattoos shadowing the area.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Marc Dauer, MD's Avatar

The grafts placed certainly changed the entire look of the eyebrows and the whole tattoo was covered with grafts. Having said that it is impossible to completely obscure the skin below with eyebrow hair and even harder with dark hair on light skin. This patient was thrilled with her results and opted to come back for a small touch up procedure to add some density. She also brought her sister who was jealous of her new eyebrows and I performed a procedure on her as well.
    Marc Dauer, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile