Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jackito
    • Jun 2017

When's the appropriate time to start using finasteride

I'm 19 getting towards 20 and I've basically developed a mature hairline, widows peak. I'm paranoid I'm taking after a relative who is Norwood 6/7, although this relative is the only balding male in my family. When would be the most appropriate time to jump on finasteride? I heard that using it before MPB kicks in is much more effective in slowing and preventing hair loss than waiting for it to start it's course.
  • JohnMPB
    • Nov 2009

I would try to see if there are any derms or hair transplant surgeons that can do a miniaturization study to see if it is mpb. I personally wouldn't start a drug I was mot sure I needed.

Comment

• Jackito
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by JohnMPB
      I would try to see if there are any derms or hair transplant surgeons that can do a miniaturization study to see if it is mpb. I personally wouldn't start a drug I was mot sure I needed.
      What does miniaturisation look like?

Comment

• Jackito
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by JohnMPB
        Also, I'm not sure whether or not it's my hairline maturing but what does a mature hairline actually look like? What's a good example of one. In reference to my hairline it seems to have moved up a bit. Rest of my hair is still very thick it's just my hairlines receded a bit over the past year.

Comment

• Louish
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Jackito
          Also, I'm not sure whether or not it's my hairline maturing but what does a mature hairline actually look like? What's a good example of one. In reference to my hairline it seems to have moved up a bit. Rest of my hair is still very thick it's just my hairlines receded a bit over the past year.
          There is no good exemple of a maturing hairline because it doesn't exist, it's called receding. It can be slow it can be fast time will tell.

Comment

• JohnMPB
            • Nov 2009

Google is your friend

Comment

• Simar
              • Jun 2017

i think nobody call tell you the exam age of starting finasteride. It has several side effects to our body so just try to avoid it and better to use natural products.

Comment

Working...