X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lawrence1
    • Mar 2017

Finasteride and Facial Hair, 19 Years Old

Hi,

I'm 19 years old, and I've been on finasteride for a little over 2 months now, for thinning on top and a receding hairline. I haven't had any side effects yet, and I haven't noticed too much of a change in my hair, because I haven't been on the stuff too long. I think I am just shedding less, and it may have gotten a little thicker on top, but my hairline still looks pretty receded.

My problem is that I have not finished puberty yet, and my facial hair is still developing. As of right now, I only grow some hair on my neck, mustache, and side burns. However, over the last 2 months, my facial hair seems to have completely stopped developing. I just shaved, as I hadn't for most of this time, and noticed that the hairs have grown back a lot lighter and thinner, and I have more patches.

I'm just wondering if I should go off finasteride and let myself finish puberty, because I don't want to completely stop developing at this point. I did not think that my facial hair would reverse. I was thinning and receding pretty quickly though, so I don't want to rapidly bald after going off finasteride. Also, if I continued finasteride for the long term, and then stopped it, would I ever be able to grow a beard?
  • Simar
    • Jun 2017

These drugs show their side effects differently on different people. nobody can gave you gurantee about its use.

Comment

Working...