+ Reply to Thread

Default Help! I started using minoxidil today

So I started using Minoxidil today because I believe that my double crown is thinning. I still have fairly thick hair though, just the crowns area. But upon further researching on the internet, I found that if you stopped using Minoxidil, it'll reverse everything and maybe even make things worse and make it thinner than before. So I'm definitely not ready for that commitment of using this for the rest of my life so I kind of want to stop.

Can I stop after using it just this day and will nothing happen? Cause, I also sort of believe that it's just genetics, cause both my parents have thin hair but aren't bald. And my double crown has been this thin since I was 19 and now I'm 22 and they still look the same, not getting thicker but also not getting any thinner, just as how I photographed it back when I was 19.

I'm also growing my hair and want it to be very long, so I plan on committing to the treatments if I don't like how my hair looks when it's long (if it looks thin). But right now I would want to stop, but I just used it today, so can I still stop or should I just continue it?

I don't think you have to worry, stopping after one day of use should have no consequence. I think I read somewhere that hair becomes dependent on minoxidil after 4 months of use. So you should be fine. Maybe you should try something like ketoconazole shampoo (like nizoral; just follow the directions) to see if that helps a bit?

Ooh, gonna try that. That doesn't have any side effects right?

http://http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/...opical/details

Not sure if that link is able to be used... but the 1% ketoconazole shampoo is over the counter (available at CVS, Walgreens, target), it seems to have minimal potential side effect... irritation of the scalp/redness, discoloration is possible (all according to webmd). Of course if you experience an allergic reaction then you would need to seek medical attention.

Now the standard answer is that you should consult with your physician (dermatologist that specializes in conditions of the scalp) and they can address your concerns and determine the best treatment plan for you.

I hope it is able to help you some!

These are a kind of drugs . there are several side effects of these drugs so i think its better to avoid these drugs and its better to use natural remedies cuz atleast natural remedies didn't affect adversely at all.