+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Thanks for the response Plum. Can you post some before and after pics maybe? PLEASE
    I don't have any pictures at the current time, but perhaps I could take some...BUT I'm not making any promises. :P

I used dermatch for about a year and I do have to say that it was a pretty damn good product. You'll probably want to experment with it to get applying it down just right. It does get chalky but i put a little American crew fiber in afterwords and it muted the chalkyness and looked really good. It doesn't come without limitatons though. As a previous poster mentioned, it will get on your pillow case so that could be akward. It's realitively resilient, I never had much problem with it at the gym, though I wouldn't swim with it. Bottom line, it was a great but temporary fix until I was able to afford a more perminant solution.

I got it today. I had no real idea how to apply it etc. It does come with instructions and so on though. I tried different things. It works much better wet. It dries really really fast.

It does exactly what I want it to to. Thicken up my hair. My hair looks the best it has in like 2 years...

This stuff is amazing. It does tend to rub off unfortunately... I don't recommend touching your hair a lot or have it touched. Also don't go lay down on something white. But it's not that bad. It probably is waterproof also since it doesn't wash off your hands that easily, you need soap. I think it's great stuff.

And I stick with what I said previously. You have to be stupid not to use it. It makes my hair look great. It's easy to use. I am very happy with it. My hair is definitely improving from my regimen. I am seeing some regrowth, but will be a loooong time before those small amount of hair even grow out. But yeah, I think dermmatch is definitely worth the very small price. The stuff will last forever!

Holy shit.

It does look good. Really good. My hair looks great and it's really good for my damn mental health at this point. Geez. Finally.

I am soooooo happy right now. Even without the dermmatch it looked "better" in a way. But with it, it looks darker, fuller and just awesome... styles easier too. Amazing.

Why didn't I use this when I had more hair too? It's amazing. Even my friends who have full heads of hair still sometimes have flat hair and stuff due to over washing or something maybe...I dunno this stuff is just amazing actually.

Without the dermmatch I look like I have a decent full head of hair now recently. With it it looks thick again like it did 2 years ago. I can't wait until I have it grown out. I hope I don't experience shedding to come etc.

But yeah, I am a happy dude right now.

At least try it! It's so cheap.

I am sure the product is great but one thing that prevents me from trying those is becoming reliant on them as women do for make up.

I think when you just start to lose hair, it is great way to conceal - a good hair cut can also make a great difference. As hair loss progresses, there's a danger of becoming more reliant on the product to the point where it becomes noticeable. There is a guy I used to work with who wore a concealer for his hair, people used to joke about it.

The problem is what ever solution there is to combat hair loss at the moment, it'll be a long term commitment!

Well, I guess I was in a good mood on that day.

I am going to go back on my awesome review and just say it is "ok".

It depends on a lot of things though. I think if you have diffuse thinning it can definitely help big time. I am not really a diffuse thinner at all. I like how to somewhat thickens the hair. But I hate the fact that it makes my hair sticky and "hard" and it can look somewhat chawky. It's decent though. I have not yet mastered how to apply it though. It's almost impossible to get on your hair without making the applicator wet. And when you do it wet it definitely gives that weird look. I use medium brown.

I do however think that this product is awesome for anyone with diffuse thinning or very dark hair. It will work great on those. I have applied it about 3 times thus far. 1/3 times I was really happy with it. The other times it was definitely ok and dus thicken the hair but I found it somewhat annoying to wear. If I wanted to check my hair like I usually do or if I wanted to apply other topicals it gets in the way obviously and stuff like that.

Definitely a hassle. But It does blend in really well on the scalp I can tell you that.

I am going to try to figure out a smarter way to apply it. I still think it is a great product and everyone should at least try it. I am thinking about getting the darker brown just to see how it will make my hair look. If I stand under a light my hair has NO shine with dermmatch. It looks a bit weird(only if you apply it wet and a lot though). But I don't see any other really effective way of doing it.

Overall good product though. I need to get better at applying it. It definitely thickens hair and can help conceal diffuse loss(I only have frontal recession).