+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default You have to be stupid...

...not to use a concealer!

I have been thinking.

I can use all my money on a hair transplant that might not be successful and will give me much to worry about.

Or...I can buy something like dermmatch. It seems this stuff is recommended by the AHLA. It seems to be very water/wind resistant so it will look good when going out and so on.

Can anyone give me some more information on this? I think something like this will totally restore my confidence...and I mean if a girl is allowed to have 1 inch of make up on...why can't I have a little on my hair? I think thats fair. Spencer has talked about this concept many times on the bald truth radio and I can't agree more. I really think I will look great with this stuff in my hair.

Think about it...if finasteride and my regimen works(halts my losses and creates some thickness)...then this will be amazing! When I go out I just apply a LITTLE amount of it... Not too much...won't be greedy! But it will look amazing.

I am going to take the plunge I think. This stuff can't be that expensive right? What is the cost of using this long term? What drawbacks are there? Like the stuff rubbing off against your hands and clothing perhaps?

This might be a very good option for me...

ps. today is a good hair day for me... I noticed some darker hair sprouting above my eye brow and was like...mhh now I see even more a week later... I think its real. The same thing to a much lesser degree is also happning at my hair line. This might be old hair reemerging or just old hair getting smaller...but it might be something good...it might be. It wont be finasteride though.

Thanks guys.

Let me just make myself clear(regarding the topic title):

NO MATTER WHAT type of hair you have...

I think it is still a good idea to use something like this...I mean...it looks better. So why not? Even if people find out...it still looks good. I think I will definitely do it.

This is giving me some hope. I can do this when i go out for as long as it takes for a cure to come out...even if there doesn't...i will still look great when going out and be confident.

This itself might change everything for me. This might make me prevent jumping into a hair transplant mess.

I am so sure my regimen will at least halt my loss...then I can just apply this stuff...and look amazing again.

This might work...

any info guys..please

I have experimented with Dermatch and while many people absolutely love the product, I have mixed feelings about it.

The key is to not use too much, otherwise your hair starts to look chalky and it actually feels chalky too. The other part that can be difficult is getting a colour that matches your hair. I have even heard of people actually buying two different colours and using them both to get a better match.

I am in the recovery phase of a hair transplant (I had the procedure done three weeks ago), but there's no way I could use Dermatch just yet with all the pimples, lumps and bumps forming on my scalp during the healing process. It just doesn't go on evenly at all under these circumstances!

As a side note, I had ordered mine from a site called folica.com and had a positive experience with them. There are also tons of reviews about the product on their site so I'd have a look at those too.

I think it is worth trying it at least once to see if you like it, especially since it only costs about $30-$35 U.S. and the cost of shipping. The container should last quite a while, obviously depending on how much surface area you are covering.

Bottom line: Try it and if you don't like it, you haven't wasted that much money but you can be satisfied in knowing whether or not it worked for you.

Good luck!

I don't plan on using a lot, if i do get it. From the reviews on that site and others it seems the vast majority love the product. I will definitely give it a go sometime in the near future. I don't have that massive hairloss...the thing that bothers me is my hair looks pathetic compared to what it was 3 years ago. I mean absolutely terrible. I can't style it or anything. It's garbage. With some thickening with my regimen and this I think I may get a good look again.

Is there any advice on buying the right color? I have light brown hair. They say something about looking at the color of the base of your hair(at the roots) and then pick that color. I guess that makes sense since it will land on your scalp.

I really don't need to use much. Only a tad on the crown and some in the temple region maybe.I hope it isn't too messy. Some people complain. How messy is it?

Default Toppik

I have been using Toppik, and i love the look it gives. but it is messy, but once dry, it stays pretty good. the only problem is i can't sweat, get rained on. im into alot of sports and it doesnt work then, so im certainly not happy about that. ive been looking at all options, ht's, pieces, tattoo. i would like to make a decision about which way to go before the fall. but in the meantime, Toppik is ok for me.

As far as buying the right colour, you shouldn't have any difficulty selecting since there aren't many colours to choose from. If you have really light brown hair, then I'd go with the light brown shade, but if it is deeper in colour, then medium brown would be the way to go. I use the dark brown myself and I find it a little greyish in colour as opposed to brown, but it works out okay. But you are right in that you want to match the colour closer to your roots.

I don't consider Dermatch to be very messy, certainly not when compared to spray products. You apply it with the little applicator they provide in the box (they give you a few of them) which is sort of sponge-like. Myself, I prefer to use a very small makeup brush to apply it. I find it easier.

I hope this helps!

So, I ordered dermmatch for $40 including shipping. Not too bad. I think it will last me like a LOOONG time. I will use a very very slight amount of it.

Who is going to try this with me?

Thanks for the response Plum. Can you post some before and after pics maybe? PLEASE

Default re:

First of all, From personal experience - I have to say the dermmatch is a decent product. I do have A couple comments

2. I do not use the product anymore - I think it comes down to the fact that its still a cover-up type issue...I get that women wear make-up and all but yet for some reason that it is stigmatized for men to wear any type of cover up or 'beauty pruduct...hence why not wear a partial wig?

3. When you do use the product - it will come out when you sleep and consequently you will wake-up with a stained pillow cover. Nothing like waking up beside a girl and they are like WTF?!?! haha. Shower before bed - shampoo takes it out easily...

4. From personal experience - a little goes a long way....wet the applicator or the dermmatch bottle - then do one strip down the center of the head....use your hands to rub it in and spread it around. Then repeat as necessary...You can use a hair dryer to make it dry quicker as for 10-15 minutes if you rub your head it will be all over your hands.

5. Obviously, reviews on their own website will be positive...A smart company will not post negative websites on their own website...

Overall, give it a shot when you dont plan going out....its a process that takes getting a little use to. That one serving last forevvverrr though.

Goodluck,

Thanks. Yeah unfortunately there will be some trade-offs. I hope it doesn't smear to much, since that is all I'm really worried about. I will use it in extreme moderation though.